Academy of Alumni & Friends Dental Fall Weekend: Matthew Dennis, D.D.S. presents Anticoagulant Therapy and Dentistry
Many common disease states result from the presence of inappropriate blood clotting. The number of patients living with long-term anticoagulation therapy has dramatically increased in recent years, and the number of dental patients who present for care while on antithrombotic medication has increased. It is important that dentists understand the implications of this therapy with regard to dental intervention. This presentation will review blood clotting and anticoagulation therapy from the dental point of view, and discuss management strategies for anticoagulated patients requiring dental treatment.
- Review normal blood clotting mechanisms
- Describe the medical indications for anticoagulation therapy
- Review antiplatelet drugs of interest to dentistry
- Review anticoagulant drugs of interest to dentistry
- Review monitoring for coagulation status
- Describe oral surgical management of the dental patient with increased bleeding tendency
- Describe the use of procoagulants and dentistry
- Matthew J. Dennis, D.D.S. Faculty Website
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1.5 contact hours. Lecture.
|Dates||Course #||AGD #|
|November 7, 2015 (Saturday)||160226||754|
Click here to see Dental Fall Weekend info including football tickets, tailgate, schedule information and to register for the events!