Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Endodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “Internship in Endodontics for the General Practitioner.” The experience is tailored to the desires of the intern with experiences in clinical endodontics, endodontic case analysis, clinical or basic research and didactic endodontic course are all available.
This course is designed to give the intern an experience in didactic/clinical endodontics that will equip them to do more extensive endodontic treatment in their general practice. The intern will work at the Veteran’s Hospital Dental Clinic one half day per week, under the direction of a full-time professor. In addition, the intern may attend several departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the endodontic residents take. We also offer the intern an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at the American Association of Endodontists Annual meeting and could also be published in the endodontic literature
This course is twelve months (1 year) in length, beginning July 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $31,000.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable quarterly payments of $7,750.00. Upon completion of the internship, 1200 CEU’s and a certificate of completion from the Continuing Education Department is awarded. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks. Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal being an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Endodontic Dental core curriculum.
- Attend the Endodontic Dental case conferences.
- Attend selected Endodontic Dental seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Endodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the Endodontics Department – (352)273-5440
- For questions regarding the application process, please contact the SADS Department – (352)273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline January 31st, all applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language); the minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper exam or 80 for the computer exam. Upon acceptance you will be required to send an original.
- Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $50.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $300.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and obtaining the appropriate visa if you are a non-US citizen.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings