Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Orthodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “Fellowship in Orthodontics for the Specialist.” The course is designed to allow the dentist with specialty training the opportunity to focus their study on a special interest area within their discipline. The course curriculum can be tailored to include possible experiences in clinical orthodontics, clinical or basic research or clinical and didactic teaching methodologies.
This course is for one calendar year beginning on July 1st. Tuition is remitted in four (4) equal non-refundable installments of $7,750.00 (for a total of $31,000/year). Upon completion of the fellowship, a certificate of attendance and twelve hundred (1200) continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of producing an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Orthodontic core curriculum.
- Attend the Orthodontic case conferences.
- Attend selected Orthodontic seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Orthodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline January 31st, all applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language); the minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper exam or 80 for the computer exam. Upon acceptance you will be required to send an original.
- Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $50.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $300.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and obtaining the appropriate visa if you are a non-US citizen.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings