Fellowship in Pediatric Dentistry
Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Pediatric Dentistry offers an advanced education course entitled “Fellowship in Pediatric Dentistry for the Specialist”. The course is designed to allow the dentist with specialty training the opportunity to focus their study on a special interest area within their discipline. The course curriculum can be tailored to include possible experiences in clinical pediatric dentistry, clinical or basic research or clinical and didactic teaching methodologies.
The program begins on June 30 and ends on June 29th. One position is available. Participants are covered by the institution’s malpractice policy, are eligible for resident parking permits, and can defer student loans during their training. The tuition is $31,000 and paid in four non-refundable quarterly payments of $7,500. A Certificate of Program Completion is awarded along with 1200 CEU from the UFCD Dental Continuing Education.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Participate in the ongoing treatment of pediatric patients at the UFCOD clinics and at Ayers Children’s Surgical Center
- Attend departmental seminars including case presentations and literature review
- Assist in departmental research projects
All UF Department of Pediatric Dentistry faculty will be participating in the program.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline January 31st, all applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language); the minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper exam or 80 for the computer exam. Upon acceptance you will be required to send an original.
- Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $50.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $300.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and obtaining the appropriate visa if you are a non-US citizen.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings