Prosthodontic Implant Fellowship
Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Graduate Prosthodontic Program offers a one year Implant fellowship for a Prosthodontist who is a graduate of an ADA accredited Prosthtodontic residency program and who is interested in expanding their knowledge and clinical experience in the field of Implant Dentistry. The program can also be tailored for those lacking surgical experience. In addition, the fellow will attend and / or give specific lectures and courses such as but not limited to, implant dentistry courses, implant literature review, and clinical case conference which will enhance their educational and leadership experience .
This course is twelve months (1 year) in length, beginning July 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $31,000.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable payments of $7,750 each. 1st payment is due by April 1st and the 2nd by July 1st, 3rd by October 1st and final payment by January 1st. Upon completion of the Fellowship, 1200 CEU’s and a certificate of completion from the Office of Continuing Education is awarded. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks, camera and articulator (Program’s choice). Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Attend / Participate / Mentor in the field of Implant Dentistry
- Clinical experience in Prosthetic implants
- Clinical experience in site preparation and implant placement
- Clinical experience in treatment planning and use of CBCT radiographs
- All UF Restorative Dental Sciences faculty will be participating in the program. View Faculty Bios
- Contact: Department of Restorative Dental Sciences, 352-273-6919.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* January 31st is the application deadline but positions can be filled prior to that date.
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Send fellowship application materials to:
Department of Restorative Dental Sciences
Mail: PO Box 100415
Gainesville, FL 32610-0415
Applicants must complete the formal application and submit it with the following documentation:
- Application (online [coming soon] or print [288 KB])
- Two letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae
- Scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. The minimum acceptable score on this exam is 550 for paper or 80 for computer.
Upon acceptance by a department into their program, the following fees and documentation will be required: $345.00 non-refundable processing fee.
- Provide official copies of dental school transcript (& official certified translation if in your native language) AND scores from the National Board Dental Examinations, Parts I and II (if applicable.)
- GRE scores are not necessary for this program, but are preferred as an aid in applicant selection
- Provide a copy of current active dental license.
- Non US residents requiring a visa must provide a Certificate for Financial Responsibility form (Instructions) demonstrating sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses. Currently, this amount for the visitor alone is approximately US $71,000 per year. If accepted into the program, further documentation for issuance of your I-20 form for your F-1 Visa is required.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings