ASDA Spring Synergy Weekend: featuring Dr. Harald Heymann
Bread and Butter Adhesive and Restorative Dentistry
8 – 11 am (3 CEU)
Confused by all the different dental adhesives? Are self-etching primers the answer? What are the keys to success with posterior composites? What about desensitizers? MMPs? Bulk fill flowables? Matrixing systems? Thermal and sonic delivery systems? Nasal spray anesthesia? Abfractions? Pulp capping?
This presentation will separate fact from fiction regarding what works in adhesive and conservative restorative dentistry. Numerous products in the realm of restorative dentistry will be reviewed. Get the FACTS based on research, not just opinion and hype.
Following attendance to this course, the participant should be able to:
- Distinguish among the many new enamel-dentin adhesives, and describe their performance based on clinical research
- Describe the causes of dentinal sensitivity and identify appropriate techniques for affecting desensitization
- Relate the best ways to achieve success with posterior composite restorations
- Describe new composite insertion techniques such as those utilizing thermoplastic and sonic delivery systems
- Identify critical clinical considerations in optimizing success with contemporary light curing units
- Identify time-proven, research validated methods for pulp capping
This course will provide vital information for the general practitioner including the following topics
- Dental adhesives: Separating fact from fiction?
- MMPs: What are they and why do they matter?
- Dentin desensitization techniques: how to make patients comfortable!
- Abfractions: causes and treatment
- No needle, nasal spray anesthesia?
- Blue LEDs: Optimizing light curing performance
- Thermoplastic and sonic composite insertion: fast and effective
- Posterior composites: how to avoid problems
- Flowable composites: pros and cons
- High tech composites: Nanofilled and/or low shrinkage
- The fluoride myth: what materials are really anticariogenic?
- Pulp capping: what really works?
- Dr. Harald Heymann – Faculty Website
Research Keynote Presentation
11 am – noon (1 CEU)
The Effects of Surface Topography on Bioadhesion
- Dr. Anthony B. Brennan – Faculty Website
1938 West University Ave.,
Gainesville, FL 32603
Continuing Education Units
4 CEU. Lecture.
Team Discount Available
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|UFCD Faculty, Staff, & Students||Free|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|April 4, 2014 (Friday)||Gainesville||140452||610|
|April 4, 2014 (Friday)||Gainesville||140452||610||
(UFCD Faculty, Staff, & Students only)
View all ASDA Spring Synergy Weekend events. (14 COD Spring Synergy Flyer KAG_12 (2))