Associateships: Negotiating Win-Win Agreements Between Senior Dentists and New Associates
The process of drafting associateships for both dentists and potential associates can be daunting. This course will assist you in your search for the right associateship situation through interactive discussions, lecture, handouts and worksheets for both dentists and potential associates.
You will be provided
- Information on the process of associateships that leads to successful agreements
- Examples of the aspects that are addressed in associate documents and agreements and quantifiable examples of successful associateships
- Guidance on aspects of associateships from before they begin to the dissolution of the agreement
- Current insight into employee statuses, compensation structures, aspects of control, managerial and operational aspects, equity buy-ins, timeframes, transition periods and restrictive covenants/clauses
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Bring about an understanding of the reasons and goals for associateships for both dentists and potential associates
- Review the barriers to successful associateships
- Establish the process for finding an associateship/associate
- Determine the IRS status for the position: employee vs independent contractor
- Understand the important aspects of negotiating an agreement or contract
- Establish the options for compensation structures
- Evaluate the benefits of time frames for associateships
- Elaborate on restrictive covenants/clauses
- Understand the buy-in and sell-out conditions for a dental practice transition
- Illuminate strategies for a win-win negotiation process
Course format includes interactive discussions, lecture, handouts and worksheets to complete. Enrollees will discuss their current situations regarding need for an associateship or need for taking on an associate.
Annelise Ydstebo Driscoll, MBA, PhD
- Dr. Driscoll is an accomplished Educator, Administrator, Researcher and Consultant with approximately 30 years’ experience in Health Care. She brings with her an extensive background in oral health and dentistry.
- Dr. Driscoll has been in the Healthcare Administrative field for 25 years in private, public and corporate practices of different sizes, before transitioning to 10 years of academic teaching, research, public speaking, published author and peer-reviewed journal editor, and consultative project development in a health executive capacity.
- She completed her Executive MBA from the University of Central Florida, College of Business and her PhD in Public Affairs/Healthcare Administration at UCF’s College of Health and Public Affairs.
- Having spent the majority of her career integrally involved in the business side of dentistry, Dr. Driscoll has a strong passion for providing comprehensive, contemporary, and applicable education to assist dentists in protecting their dental practices and assets.
- Dr. Driscoll is a full time faculty member in the Restorative Dental Sciences Department and the founding Director/Instructor of the Executive Practice Management™ Program for Dentists at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry.
- In addition to teaching DMD students, Residents, and developing the Executive Practice Management™ curriculum at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Driscoll taught at the University of Central Florida, College of Health and Public Affairs in the Health Professions/Health Informatics Management Department.
- She has worked collaboratively as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Research at the University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Community and Family Health Department.
- She has also built both the FSU Dental Center (Consultative Project) & the UCF Dental Center (Consultative Project then Founding Director of Dental Services).
- Practice Management Systems, Dr. Driscoll’s personalized consulting firm, specializes in large-scale dental facility design, build out and operational projects, one-on-one consulting for dentists on Practice Legal Compliance, Operating Systems Development, and Dental Financial Systems Overhaul for Profit Maximization.
- She has approximately 800 copyrighted works/systems on file with the US Library of Congress’ Copyright Office.
“Neither my immediate family nor I have any financial interests that would create a conflict of interest or restrict my independent judgment with regard to the content of this course.”
2017 Patterson Dental – Ft. Lauderdale
1881 W State Rd 84
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs; lecture
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $149 (Early Bird) / $199 (Regular Fee)
- Team Discount Available
- Networking lunch included
Team Discount Available
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD expresses appreciation to Patterson Dental for unrestricted educational grants, which helped make this course possible.
|July 21, 2017
Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
|Patterson Dental – Ft. Lauderdale||180027||550|
|April 13, 2018
Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
|Patterson Dental – Tampa||180279||550|