Demystifying Attachment Dentistry: The All Day Attachment Dentistry Ultimate Course
This course covers all aspects of attachment dentistry in detail and takes the mystery out of treatment planning segmented fixed bridges, removable partial dentures, over-dentures on natural teeth or implants.
This all-day program emphasizes the rationale for using precision and semi-precision attachments in the treatment planning of fixed and removable partial dentures, over-dentures and implants. Each of these prosthetic options is discussed in detail, especially implants which require special treatment planning considerations. The role of the restorative dentist is clarified as the one who initiates treatment planning the amount of implants that will insure success through the use of study models, wax bites, occlusal set ups and surgical stents. A clear understanding of what needs to be achieved must be established first by the restorative dentist and communicated to the surgeon and to the patient.
Clinical cases are reviewed and participants will gather knowledge, excitement and confidence enabling them to utilize attachments in their daily practice immediately. Participants are encouraged to bring questions which will be discussed throughout the presentation, as well as any of their past experiences with dental attachments.
- Understand the rationale for using attachments in fixed and removable prosthetics on abutments, roots and implants
- Become familiar with precision and semi-precision attachments, studs, rod and tubes, magnets, bars and other types of fixed, segmented, removable, and over-denture attachments
- Be able to immediately incorporate attachment dentistry into patient treatment planning
- Learn how to first do occlusal set ups and create surgical stents
- Learn the Do’s and the Dont’s in attachment case treatment planning
- Learn what precision and semi-precision attachments are and how they are used in prosthetic dentistry
- Become familiar with rigid and resilient intra-coronal and extra-coronal attachments
- Learn a logical approach to begin incorporating attachment dentistry into our treatment plans
- Learn to take a closer look at the redistribution of traumatic forces to bone, soft tissue, teeth and implants and understand how they are affected
- George E. Bambara, MS, DMD, FACD, FICD
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Lecture.
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $199 (Early Bird) / $249 (Regular Fee)
- Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Networking lunch included
|March 16, 2018 (Saturday)||Orlando, FL||180298||610|