Concise Up-to-Date information on treating Patients with Cardiovascular Disease: Plus Treating Yourself to a Healthier Life
In spite of impressive technologic advances in the field of medicine, atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
(CVD) remains the leading cause of death in the united States. in our dental offices we are seeing more and more patients with CVD. greater than 1 in 3 of our adult patients have one or more types of CVD and it is the most common medical condition that dental professionals confront, therefore we need to be aware of the many crucial issues that we face when treating these patients.
- Review of coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease and stroke.
- Treating patients who have stents or have had open heart surgery
- Understanding the immune/inflammatory system and it’s connection to periodontal disease, Sjogren’s syndrome, and Celiac disease
- Understanding the hearts of women: Heart disease is the leading killer of women of all ages
- Understanding sudden cardiac death in children and adults
- Understanding how cholesterol can cause heart attacks at an early age and premature death
- Multiple vitamins, omega 3, Calcium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D as related to dentistry
- Prescribing the preferred antibiotics and narcotics for CVD patients. What are the contraindications and side effects.
- Understanding the new findings on aspirin, ibuprofen, and Tylenol as related to dentistry
- Work with less stress and live healthier with proper nutrition and exercise, optimizing your own personal heart health
- James Lichon, R.PH., D.D.S., N.C.C.M. Faculty Website
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
6 contact hours. Lecture.
Continuing Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Proctor & Gamble for an unrestricted grant, which helped, in part, to make this course possible.
Team Discount Available
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|April 26, 2014 (Saturday)||Gainesville||140330||250|