2nd Annual Practice Management Symposium and EPM Alumni Reunion: Master Your Margins: Using Practice Data for Decision-Making & Improved Profit Margins
- Topic 1: Business Decision-Making Through Practice Data Analysis (aka Dental Informatics)
- Topic 2: Finding Embezzlement: Analyzing Dental Software Reports & Documentation
- Topic 3: Annual Strategic Planning
Using the practice tools at hand is a must for sustainable, financially viable growth in today’s dental practices. Now more than ever, it is important for dentists to be aware of how to use the tools at their disposal to analyze the health of their dental practice.
- Reviewing the financial reporting and practice documents to keep a finger on the ‘financial pulse’ of the practice can deter embezzlement.
- Practice documentation (aka Dental Informatics) can provide evidence-based data as financial tools to dentists.
- Every dental practice and dentist has information at the press of a button that can be used to support evidence-based decision-making.
Therefore, taking a proactive approach to identify, understand, and evaluate the dental information on hand in a practice is the foundation for goal-based decision-makingand the l Strategic Planning process dentists should complete annually. This course will provide the knowledge, case-based resources, and strategies to assist dentists in evaluating the data available in their practice, as well as to use that data for evidence-based decision making in annual Strategic Planning processes.
The format of this course will be Lecture and Case-Based Breakout Sessions. It can be seen in detail in the Course Schedule below.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define Dental Informatics and the three topics with their correlation to a dentist owner’s achievement of future goals
- Identify the reporting and documentation tools within a dental practice
- Review the impact of the types of data, reports, and documentation tools on a dental practice’s financial growth and sustainability
- Use practice data analysis as an evidence-based tool foundational to decision-making
- Apply reports and case-based documents to support decision-making
- Evaluate case-based resources and documents to unearth potential financial issues in a dental practice
- Use practice data analysis to allocate resources based on evidence unearthed
- Incorporate the above into the annual goal setting Strategic Planning process
|9:00-10:30||Lecture – Topic 1: Business Decision-Making Through Practice Data Analysis (aka Dental Informatics)|
|10:45-Noon||Case-based Break-out session for Topic 1|
|12:30-2:00||Lecture – Topic 2: Finding Embezzlement: Analyzing Dental Software Reports & Documentation|
|2:15-3:30||Case-based Break-out session for Topic 2|
|3:30-5:00||Lecture – Topic 3: Annual Strategic Planning & Round table discussion|
Annelise Ydstebo Driscoll, MBA, PhD
- Dr. Driscoll is an accomplished Educator, Administrator, Researcher, Published Author and Consultant with approximately 30+ years’ experience in Health Care. She brings with her an extensive background in oral health and dentistry.
- Dr. Driscoll has been in the Healthcare Administrative field for 25 years in private, public and corporate practices of different sizes, before transitioning to 10 years of academic teaching, research, public speaking, published author and peer-reviewed journal editor, and consultative project development in a health executive capacity.
- She completed her Executive MBA from the University of Central Florida, College of Business and her PhD in Public Affairs/Healthcare Administration at UCF’s College of Health and Public Affairs.
- Having spent the majority of her career integrally involved in the business side of dentistry, Dr. Driscoll has a strong passion for providing comprehensive, contemporary, and applicable education to assist dentists in protecting their dental practices and assets.
- Dr. Driscoll is a full time faculty member in the Restorative Dental Sciences Department and the founding Director/Instructor of the Executive Practice Management™ Program for Dentists at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry.
- In addition to teaching DMD students, Residents, and developing the Executive Practice Management™ curriculum at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Driscoll taught at the University of Central Florida, College of Health and Public Affairs in the Health Professions/Health Informatics Management Department.
- She has worked collaboratively as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Research at the University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Community and Family Health Department, in the area of HPV-related oral cancer and oral systemic correlations.
- She has also built both the FSU Dental Center (Consultative Project) & the UCF Dental Center (Consultative Project then Founding Director of Dental Services).
- Practice Management Systems, Dr. Driscoll’s personalized consulting firm, specializes in large-scale dental facility design, build out and operational projects, one-on-one consulting for dentists on Practice Legal Compliance, Operating Systems Development, and Dental Financial Systems Overhaul for Profit Maximization.
- She has approximately 800 copyrighted works/systems on file with the US Library of Congress’ Copyright Office.
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Lecture.
AGD # 550
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- This course is for dentists only.
- Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Networking Lunch included
|August 25, 2017||Gainesville, FL||180028||550|