Root Coverage: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Now?
- Understand how to classify gingival recession, and determine the chance of root coverage
- Understand the indications and contraindications for root coverage procedures
- Understand the variety of surgical procedures, techniques and instruments that may be used to effectively cover exposed root surfaces
- Understand how to manage surgical complications, including those associated with Acellular Dermal Matrix
- Understand how to manage the replacement of cervical lesions with soft tissue
Before and After
Gingival recession, and its associated root surface exposure, continues to present a variety of challenges to both the patient and the dentist. Dentinal hypersensitivity, loss of attachment, and compromised esthetics are frequently associated with this problem. This course provides a 4.0 hour lecture and 2.0 hour surgical lab, utilizing pig jaws, to teach course attendees how to effectively assess gingival recession, understand the full range of techniques and materials that may be used to address the problem, and effectively manage potential surgical complications. The replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue is also addressed. Case presentations are a significant part of the lecture portion of the course. A surgical video is used to demonstrate the “Tunnel” technique, featuring placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix as graft material.
- This course will present the following material:
- Review the identification and classification of gingival recession
- A variety of techniques and materials to cover exposed root surfaces
- Patient cases (with pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative photos) to illustrate each procedure
- Replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue to improve the health of the periodontium
- A “Hands-On” workshop, using pig jaw cadavers, and performing a pedicle flap, free gingival graft, and placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix in a “Tunnel” flap.
- Click here for workshop video.
- Dr. White knows this material and is very friendly & accessible. Dr. Herminia Rodriquez
- Met all my expectations; got out of it what I was looking for. Dr. Oscar Menendez
- Very informative. Dr. Lazarus Kavouklis
Who should attend
General dentists and specialists. We also encourage Team Training so you are invited to register your team. They would be included in the lecture and you are welcome to include them in the workshop to observe/assist. Auxiliaries will be awarded CEUs based on actual attendance, i.e. 4 CEU for Lecture only vs 7 CEU for Full-day.
Course participants should bring their own
- magnifying loops
- high-speed hand pieces
- four (4) 330 burs
- needle holders
- FACULTY: Cecil White Jr., D.M.D., M.S.D., F.A.C.D., Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology Faculty Website
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
7 contact hours. Participation.
- 15 participants.
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to BioHorizons & Southern Dental Solutions for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|February 7, 2015 (Saturday)||Gainesville||150334||495|
|February 20, 2016 (Saturday)||Gainesville||495|