“YES WE CAN” – Keys to the Successful Management of Exposed Root Surfaces
Gingival recession, and its associated root surface exposure, continues to present a variety of challenges to both the patient and the dentist. Dentinal hypersensitivity, loss of attachment, and compromised esthetics are frequently associated with this problem.
This course provides a 4.0 hour lecture and 2.0 hour surgical lab, utilizing pig jaws, to teach course attendees how to effectively assess gingival recession, understand the full range of techniques and materials that may be used to address this problem, and effectively manage potential surgical complications. The replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue is also addressed. Case presentations are a significant part of the lecture portion of this course. A surgical video is used to demonstrate the “Tunnel” technique, and features placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix as graft material.
Goals and Objectives
- Review the history of root coverage procedures
- Present a variety of techniques and materials to cover exposed root surfaces
- Present cases that illustrate each procedure
- Demonstrate the replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue to optimize health of the periodontium
- Provide a “hands-on” workshop that includes placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix in pig jaw cadavers
- Click here for seven minute workshop video
Before and After
Who Should Attend
General Dentists and Dental Specialists. We also encourage “Team Training”, so you are invited to register your office team. They would be included in the Lecture segment of the program, and you are also welcome to have them observe/assist you in the “Hands-On” Workshop. Auxiliaries will be awarded CEUs based upon actual attendance (i.e. 4 CEUs for the Lecture vs. 6 CEUs for the Full-Day (Lecture and Workshop).
- Dr. White knows this material and is very friendly & accessible. Dr. Herminia Rodriquez
- Met all my expectations; got out of it what I was looking for. Dr. Oscar Menendez
- Very informative. Dr. Lazarus Kavouklis
Course participants should bring their own:
- Magnifying loupes
- High-speed hand pieces
- Four (4) 330 burs
- Needle holders
- Cecil White Jr., DMD, MSD, FACD, Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology Faculty Website
- No monetary compensation (i.e. “hired gunslinger”) from any dental companies – Dr. Cecil White Jr.
- Tunneling Kits – Furnished by STOMA – Mr. Chris Davy
- Acellular Dermal Matrix – Furnished by BIOHORIZONS – Mr. Charles Bond
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
6 contact hours. Participation.
- 15 dentist participants plus team.
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to BioHorizons & Southern Dental Solutions for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.
Team Discount Available
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|March 11, 2017 (Saturday)||Gainesville||170181||495|