“YES WE CAN” – Keys to the Successful Management of Exposed Root Surfaces
Goals and Objectives
- Understand how to classify gingival recession, and determine the chance of root coverage
- Understand the indications and contraindications for root coverage procedures
- Understand the variety of surgical procedures, techniques, and instruments that may be used to effectively cover exposed root surfaces. Patient cases (with pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative photos) are featured to illustrate each procedure
- Understand how to manage the surgical complications, including those associated with Acellular Dermal Matrix, associated with root coverage procedures
- Understand how to manage the replacement of cervical lesions with soft tissue
- Utilize a “Hands-On” workshop, using pig jaw cadavers, to perform a pedicle flap, free gingival graft, and placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix in a “Tunnel” flap
- Click here for workshop video
Before and After
Gingival recession, and its associated root surface exposure, continues to present a variety of challenges to both the patient and the dentist. Dentinal hypersensitivity, loss of attachment, and compromised esthetics are frequently associated with this problem.
This course provides a 4.0 hour lecture and 2.0 hour surgical lab, utilizing pig jaws, to teach course attendees how to effectively assess gingival recession, understand the full range of techniques and materials that may be used to address this problem, and effectively manage potential surgical complications. The replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue is also addressed. Case presentations are a significant part of the lecture portion of this course. A surgical video is used to demonstrate the “Tunnel” technique, and features placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix as graft material.
- Dr. White knows this material and is very friendly & accessible. Dr. Herminia Rodriquez
- Met all my expectations; got out of it what I was looking for. Dr. Oscar Menendez
- Very informative. Dr. Lazarus Kavouklis
Who Should Attend
General Dentists and Dental Specialists. We also encourage “Team Training”, so you are invited to register your office team. They would be included in the Lecture segment of the program, and you are also welcome to have them observe/assist you in the “Hands-On” Workshop. Auxiliaries will be awarded CEUs based upon actual attendance (i.e. 4 CEUs for the Lecture vs. 6 CEUs for the Full-Day (Lecture and Workshop).
Course participants should bring their own:
- Magnifying loupes
- High-speed hand pieces
- Four (4) 330 burs
- Needle holders
- Cecil White Jr., D.M.D., M.S.D., F.A.C.D., Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology Faculty Website
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
6 contact hours. Participation.
- 15 dentist participants plus team.
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to BioHorizons & Southern Dental Solutions for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|February 20, 2016 (Saturday)||Gainesville||151117||495|
|March 11, 2017 (Saturday)||Gainesville||495|