Root Coverage: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Now?
- Understand how to classify gingival recession, and determine the prognosis for potential root coverage
- Understand the indications and contraindications for root coverage procedures
- Understand the variety of surgical procedures, armamentarium, and techniques that may be deployed to address the problem of gingival recession/root surface exposure
- Understand how to manage the replacement of cervical lesions with soft tissue
Before and After
Gingival recession continues to present a variety of challenges to both patient and therapist. Dentinal hypersensitivity, loss of attachment, and compromised esthetics are some of the complications that are associated with this problem. Root coverage procedures are an important part of periodontal therapy, and a vital component in effective management of the aforementioned issues. This course utilizes literature review, case presentation, and video demonstration of a “tunnel” procedure with Acellular Dermal Matrix to provide an understanding of the effective management of gingival recession, and coverage of exposed root surfaces.
This course will present the following material:
- Review the history of root coverage procedures
- Present a variety of techniques and materials to cover exposed root surfaces
- Present cases that illustrate each procedure
- Demonstrate the replacement of cervical restorations with soft tissue to optimize health of the periodontium
- Provide a “hands-on” workshop that involves performing a pedicle flap, free gingival graft, and placement of Acellular Dermal Matrix in pig jaw cadavers. Click here for workshop video.
- Dr. White knows this material and is very friendly & accessible. Dr. Herminia Rodriquez
- Met all my expectations; got out of it what I was looking for. Dr. Oscar Menendez
- Very informative. Dr. Lazarus Kavouklis
Who should attend
General dentists and specialists. We also encourage Team Training so you are invited to register your team. They would be included in the lecture and you are welcome to include them in the workshop to observe/assist. Auxiliaries will be awarded CEUs based on actual attendance, i.e. 4 CEU for Lecture only vs 7 CEU for Full-day.
Course participants should bring their own
- magnifying loops
- high-speed hand pieces
- four (4) 330 burs
- needle holders
- FACULTY: Cecil White Jr., D.M.D., M.S.D., F.A.C.D., Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology Faculty Website
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
7 contact hours. Participation.
- 20 participants.
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to BioHorizons & Southern Dental Solutions for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|February 7, 2015||Gainesville||150334||495|