Social Media Marketing & Online Reviews: How Important are They?
Social Media Marketing and Online Reviews can shape
a dental practice’s reputation these days. But are they really necessary? Dental practice reputations are won and lost on the internet through internet presence, online reviews, or a lack thereof. In today’s age, a practice must keep up with change or the world will change around it. Therefore, taking a proactive approach through the use of social media marketing to identify, understand, evaluate, cultivate and maintain the right type of professional reputation of the dentist, staff and practice is a must for building positive online reviews. Maintaining a consistently positive professional online identity and brand then becomes a competitive advantage for a dental practice, to attract and retain both new patients and staff. This full day course will provide the knowledge, tools, and strategies for dentists to develop their desired professional identity, maintain their brand image, and proactively manage their reputations both in person and online through social media marketing and positive online reviews.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply components, attributes & behaviors associated with social media marketing to create positive reviews
- Introduce concepts of marketing, social media, online reviews, branding and reputation management as it relates to a professional dentists, staff and practices
- Utilize contemporary social media platforms to market and brand by viewing Websites, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Blogger, WordPress, Google+, and YouTube to engage patients and create a competitive advantage
- Enhance Search Engine Optimization through crosslinking sites and platforms
- Illustrate the impact of poor professionalism, self-marketing or self-branding on future goals & patient acquisition, staff retention, and community image, through numerous online review sites
- Develop and maintain a positive online professional reputation utilizing case studies, employee review websites, and reputation management sites
Annelise Ydstebo Driscoll, MBA, PhD
- Dr. Driscoll is an accomplished Educator, Administrator, Researcher, Published Author and Consultant with approximately 30+ years’ experience in Health Care. She brings with her an extensive background in oral health and dentistry.
- Dr. Driscoll has been in the Healthcare Administrative field for 25 years in private, public and corporate practices of different sizes, before transitioning to 10 years of academic teaching, research, public speaking, published author and peer-reviewed journal editor, and consultative project development in a health executive capacity.
- She completed her Executive MBA from the University of Central Florida, College of Business and her PhD in Public Affairs/Healthcare Administration at UCF’s College of Health and Public Affairs.
- Having spent the majority of her career integrally involved in the business side of dentistry, Dr. Driscoll has a strong passion for providing comprehensive, contemporary, and applicable education to assist dentists in protecting their dental practices and assets.
- Dr. Driscoll is a full time faculty member in the Restorative Dental Sciences Department and the founding Director/Instructor of the Executive Practice Management™ Program for Dentists at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry.
- In addition to teaching DMD students, Residents, and developing the Executive Practice Management™ curriculum at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Driscoll taught at the University of Central Florida, College of Health and Public Affairs in the Health Professions/Health Informatics Management Department.
- She has worked collaboratively as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Research at the University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Community and Family Health Department, in the area of HPV-related oral cancer and oral systemic correlations.
- She has also built both the FSU Dental Center (Consultative Project) & the UCF Dental Center (Consultative Project then Founding Director of Dental Services).
- Practice Management Systems, Dr. Driscoll’s personalized consulting firm, specializes in large-scale dental facility design, build out and operational projects, one-on-one consulting for dentists on Practice Legal Compliance, Operating Systems Development, and Dental Financial Systems Overhaul for Profit Maximization.
- She has approximately 800 copyrighted works/systems on file with the US Library of Congress’ Copyright Office.
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Lecture.
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $179 (Early Bird) / $229 (Regular Fee)
- Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Check-in 8:30 AM)
- Networking Lunch included
Team Discount Available
|Friday, September 21, 2018||Orlando, FL||190018||550|
Continuing Dental Education at UF CDE expresses appreciation to Patterson Dental for unrestricted educational grants, which helped make this course possible.