UF Advanced dental education
Fellowship in Orthodontics i for the General Practitioner
The Department of Orthodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “Fellowship in Orthodontics for the Specialist.” The course is designed to allow the dentist with specialty training the opportunity to focus their study on a special interest area within their discipline. The course curriculum can be tailored to include possible experiences in clinical orthodontics, clinical or basic research or clinical and didactic teaching methodologies.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of producing an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Orthodontic core curriculum.
- Attend the Orthodontic case conferences.
- Attend selected Orthodontic seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Orthodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
Program Information and Application
Schedule & Acceptance Criteria
Open to any U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
July 1 through June 30
Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)
Contact Hours: 1200 CEU’s Participation/Lecture
Upon completion of the Internship, 1200 CEU’s and a certificate of completion from the Continuing Education Department is awarded.
Includes Limited Patient Care
Payable in four non-refundable quarterly payments of $8,750.00
Additional expenses may include the purchase of a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and textbooks. Details provided upon acceptance.
$50 Application Fee: Non-Refundable
Location & Contact
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Questions regarding the program:
Orthodontics Department – (352)273-5700
Questions regarding the application process:
School of Advanced Dental Sciences – (352) 273-7800
Applying to the Program
Application Deadline January 31st
Comprehensive application must be submitted online prior to deadline to be considered.
1. Completed Application Form
2. $50 Application Fee: Non-Refundable
3. Current Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. TOEFL Scores: Paper Exam 550 | Computer Exam 80
5. Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Due Upon Acceptance
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
TOEFL Scores: Upon acceptance you will be required to send an official.
$300 Processing Fee: Non-Refundable