This course provides an overview of CBCT technology, advantages, applications, doses, and guidelines. Interpretation of select cases will be included as examples. It will also demonstrate how CBCT technology improves implant diagnosis and treatment planning, assists the clinician with diagnosis of periodontal disease, and guides the clinician for ideal implant placement. Additionally, applications in Endodontics will be discussed at length, including surgery. Several cases will be discussed.
- Understand the rationale for using CBCT in dentistry
- Understand the principles of interpretation
- Understand radiation safety and biology principles, doses, guidelines for use
- Identify advantages of CBCT for implant and periodontal diagnoses
- Become familiar with techniques based on CBCT to facilitate and optimize dental implant placement
- Understand the applications of CBCT in endodontics, including non-surgical and surgical endodontics
- Madhu K. Nair, DMD, MS, Lic. Odont.(Sweden), PhD, Assoc. Prof., Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Colleges of Dentistry and Medicine
- Uma Nair, D.M.D.
- Rodrigo Neiva, D.D.S., M.S.
- Rujuta Katkar, B.D.S., M.D.S., M.S.
Embassy Suites Hotel
8250 Jamaican Ct.
Orlando, FL 32819
Guests can make their hotel reservations by calling 1-877-620-8006.Please specify that you are part of University of Florida/College of Dentistry when making your reservation in order to guarantee the discounted $97 group rate. Cut-off for this discounted rate is 07/25/2013.
Continuing Education Units
8 contact hours. Lecture.
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Carestream for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.
|Participant||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(Expires 1 month before course date)|
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|August 2, 2013 (Friday)||Orlando||130331||130||Register Online|