We do not often encounter young patients with periodontal problems. Or, are we not looking for them properly because we think it is not common?
Dr. Shaddox is actively involved in a research project with a group of children diagnosed with aggressive periodontal disease in Tallahassee, FL. Using an interactive audience participation platform and case based presentations, she will offer insight into the initial signs of periodontal problems in young patients. You will learn how to best diagnose and manage these patients early so their condition does not become an advanced periodontal problem. In addition, different treatment approaches will be presented on how to manage established periodontal conditions in young patients and how to properly maintain periodontal health in the long term.
At the completion of the course, participants will be updated on:
- When and how to early diagnose periodontal disease in young individuals
- How to prevent gingivitis from progressing to periodontitis in the future
- How to treat young patients with periodontitis
- How to motivate prevention and regular care in young patients
- Luciana Shaddox, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Periodontology
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Lecture.
This course is designed for pediatric dentists and/or general dentists, hygienists, periodontists.
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- Dental Hygienist Fee: $199 (Early Bird) / $249 (Regular Fee)
- 8 am – 4 pm
- Networking lunch included
- Team Discount Available
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|March 21, 2015