4 Key Strategies in Managing a Periodontal Patient in a Changing Practice Environment: An ACDE Series Webinar
Being effective in incorporating periodontics into the practice of dentistry can be a challenge in today’s environment. However, adhering to a mission of quality patient care, enhanced mental/physical well-being, with positive financial growth can overcome any respective hurdles.
We examine effective strategies to create a workflow that results in positive periodontal case acceptance. Current relationships between periodontal diseases and susceptibility to viral infections is demonstrated. By building on a growth area in periodontics from nonsurgical to surgical procedures especially with the “over 55” population produces net gain with reduced overhead. Being discriminate on technology assets with a selection producing value added revenue results in a unique practice niche that adds new patients and retains existing patients.
At the conclusion of this lecture, participants will be able to:
- Utilize the perio systemic link to get positive patient return and case acceptance with focus on their overall health.
- Introduce the dental hygienist as the new patient coordinator from data collection to debridement in one appointment.
- Create strategies and implement an oral hygiene product market center
- Take a mundane recall appointment and turn it into one of the most valuable 45-60 minutes spent in the practice.
Samuel B. Low, DDS, MS, MEd Faculty Website
- Dr. Samuel B. Low, Professor Emeritus of the University of Florida College of Dentistry is also an Associate faculty member of the Pankey Institute with 30 years of private practice experience in periodontics, lasers and implant placement. If that is not enough, Dr. Low is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and past President of the American Academy of Periodontology. Dr. Low provides dentists and dental hygienists with the tool for successfully managing the periodontal patient in general and periodontal practices and is affiliated with the Florida Probe Corporation.
Webinar: 11AM – 1PM EST
Continuing Education Units
2 contact hours. Lecture
|Dates||Location||Course #||Contact Hours|
|May 23, 2021||ZOOM Webinar||210669.03||2|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.