The course will provide the latest evidence-based information on caries risk assessment and caries management that will aid the practitioner and his/her team in delivering optimal care for all patients in clinical practice. The course will describe the tools to implement “caries management by risk assessment” in the dental office or in an academic environment. Implementation in dental practice provides patients with genuine hope and success in the management of their oral health. It is a practice builder
This course is appropriate for pediatric dentists, general dentists, prosthodontists, endodontists, orthodontists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and front desk personnel. It is especially beneficial when all members of the dental office take the course together. It is especially valuable for academic faculty in academic institutions.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and know the pathological and protective factors related to caries initiation, progression and prevention clinically,
- Know the type and availability of fluoride products and delivery systems, antibacterial therapy, dietary modification, silver diamine fluoride and minimally invasive restorative methods for caries control.
- Learn how to effectively assess the caries risk of patients,
- Learn the knowledge and skills necessary to manage dental caries, especially in high-risk individuals who keep returning for further restorative work,
Meet the Speaker: John D.B. Featherstone MSc, PhD
Dr. John Featherstone is Dean Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of the School of Dentistry at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). His research over the past 47 years has covered several aspects of cariology leading to practical management of dental caries. He spearheaded the development of CAMBRA® (caries management by risk assessment) at UCSF and is currently helping implement caries management by risk assessment in several venues across the world. He has published over 300 papers and book chapters and has won numerous awards
- Zoom Webinar
- 2 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $69
- University of Florida Continuing Dental Education
- CE email: email@example.com
8PM (EST), 7PM (CST), 5PM (PST)
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.