This course meets the Board of Dentistry guidelines of the recent rule change for 64B5-14.004 for the biennial CE requirements of all sedation permit holders, which now states in section (2):
(2) During the licensure biennial renewal period that begins on March 1, 2020 and ever licensure biennial renewal period thereafter, all dentists who hold an active sedation permit of any level shall take the following continuing education instead of the continuing education required in subsection (1): A four (4) hour board approved continuing education course in Medical Emergencies that shall include airway management as a component of the course.
Medical emergencies are almost always unexpected and disruptive to the flow of office productivity. This course is designed to review Medical Risk Assessment for the dental provider, create a response team from the office, review and provide algorithms for the management of common office emergencies and manage airway emergencies. This course is intended for dental providers who hold sedation permits and office personnel so as to create the team approach to managing medical emergencies.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Review process of Medical Risk Assessment for patients.
- Understand the importance of a team response to medical emergencies and define the roles of each member on the team.
- Understand common medical emergencies that occur in the dental office.
- Understand basic airway anatomy, airway emergences and the management of such.
- Demonstrate the use of Emergency Airway Adjuncts.
- John Hardeman, MD, DDS (Faculty Website)
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
“Neither my immediate family nor I have any financial interests that would create a conflict of interest or restrict my independent judgment with regard to the content of this course.”
- Friday: 1PM-5PM
- Check-in: 12:30PM
- 4 Contact Hours | AGD# 142
- Dentist Fee: $499
- Auxiliary: $199
- 40 Participant Course Limit
Location & Contact
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
- Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019