* Note to Internationally-Educated Dentists: These programs WILL NOT prepare dentists to become licensed to practice dentistry in Florida. If you are interested in practicing dentistry in Florida, you will need a dental degree from an ADA-accredited dental school in order to be eligible to take the Florida Dental License examination.
**The University of Florida does not certify federal or private loans for Internships, Fellowships, or Preceptorships. Visit the Office of Admissions for more information.
Intended for general dentist interested in the beginning of their specialty training. Completion of this 1-Year or 9-Month internship will strengthen your application for a dental specialty residency and offer valuable experience to prepare for a residency program once accepted. The 9-month program schedule can be flexible to accommodate those dentists that are working part-time. Topics can be either general dentistry or a dental specialty.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral Medicine / Oral Oncology
- Oral Pathology
- Periodontology & Implant Dentistry
- Periodontology & Implant Dentistry 1-Year Internship for US and International dentists and dental scholars
- Periodontology & Implant Dentistry 9-Month Internship for US Dentists and International dentists with green cards
- Center for Implant Dentistry Internship 1-year Internship for US and Foreign Dental Graduates
- Operative and Esthetic Dentistry Internship