Periodontal & Implant Dentistry Fellowship
Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Department of Periodontology offers advanced education courses for general practitioners and specialists interested in expanding their knowledge in the fields of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry. The fellowship experience is available to specialists and is tailored to the desires of the fellow with experiences in clinical periodontology, clinical implant dentistry, clinical or basic research and didactic periodontology and implant dentistry courses. The fellow can assist in the faculty’s intramural practice and graduate clinic. In addition, the fellow may attend departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the periodontal residents take. We also offer the fellow an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at the International Association of Dental Research meeting and could also be published in the periodontal or implant literature.
This course is for one calendar year. Tuition is remitted in four (4) equal installments of $8,750.00 (for a total of $35,000/year). Upon completion of the Fellowship, a certificate of attendance and twelve hundred (1200) continuing education units (CEUs) is awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Fellowship Program is an educational goal in itself. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of presenting an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Department of Periodontology core curriculum.
- Attend the Department of Periodontology case conferences.
- Attend selected Department of Periodontology seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Periodontics Dentistry faculty will be participating in the program.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline January 31st, all applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language); the minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper exam or 80 for the computer exam. Upon acceptance you will be required to send an original.
- Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $50.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $300.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and obtaining the appropriate visa if you are a non-US citizen.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings