Avoiding a Lawsuit: Employment Strategies for Dentists: A Webinar
In today’s litigious society, it is estimated that 45% of dentists will get sued by current or former employees. Lawsuits can cost dentists hundreds of thousands of dollars and are usually not covered by insurance, which can impact dentist’s wealth accumulation goals significantly. Having both knowledge, policies, and strategies in place to ensure compliance is critical for the financial growth of the practice and dentists. This webinar will provide dentists with the knowledge of relevant laws that apply to dental practices, assess areas of vulnerability within the practice, and formulate strategies to implement a successful practice compliance program.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Federal, State and local employment laws that dentists are required to comply with as employers
- Assess areas of risk within the dental practice
- Align practice compliance strategies as wealth accumulation strategies
- Identify positive practice policies which reduce potential lawsuits and audits
- Discuss legal risks, turnover costs, and litigation fees and consequences
- Synthesize presented information to create an Action Plan for a practice compliance program
Annelise Ydstebo Driscoll, MBA, PhD
- Dr. Driscoll is an accomplished Educator, Administrator, Researcher and Consultant with approximately 30 years’ experience in Health Care. She brings with her an extensive background in oral health and dentistry.
- Dr. Driscoll has been in the Healthcare Administrative field for 25 years in private, public and corporate practices of different sizes, before transitioning to 10 years of academic teaching, research, public speaking, published author and peer-reviewed journal editor, and consultative project development in a health executive capacity.
- She completed her Executive MBA from the University of Central Florida, College of Business and her PhD in Public Affairs/Healthcare Administration at UCF’s College of Health and Public Affairs.
- Having spent the majority of her career integrally involved in the business side of dentistry, Dr. Driscoll has a strong passion for providing comprehensive, contemporary, and applicable education to assist dentists in protecting their dental practices and assets.
- Dr. Driscoll is a full time faculty member in the Restorative Dental Sciences Department and the founding Director/Instructor of the Executive Practice Management™ Program for Dentists at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry.
- In addition to teaching DMD students, Residents, and developing the Executive Practice Management™ curriculum at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Driscoll taught at the University of Central Florida, College of Health and Public Affairs in the Health Professions/Health Informatics Management Department.
- She has worked collaboratively as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Research at the University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Community and Family Health Department.
- She has also built both the FSU Dental Center (Consultative Project) & the UCF Dental Center (Consultative Project then Founding Director of Dental Services).
- Practice Management Systems, Dr. Driscoll’s personalized consulting firm, specializes in large-scale dental facility design, build out and operational projects, one-on-one consulting for dentists on Practice Legal Compliance, Operating Systems Development, and Dental Financial Systems Overhaul for Profit Maximization.
- She has approximately 800 copyrighted works/systems on file with the US Library of Congress’ Copyright Office.
“Neither my immediate family nor I have any financial interests that would create a conflict of interest or restrict my independent judgment with regard to the content of this course.”
Continuing Education Units
3 Contact Hours; Lecture
8:30am – 12 noon EDT
- NOTE: This course is for dentists only
- Dentist Fee: $117
- 3-hour ZOOM Webinar
|October 16, 2020||ZOOM Webinar – 3 hour||210205||550|
|October 8, 2021||TBD||220015||550|
***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.