Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Training for Dental Implants: Multiple Live Patient Experiences
Learn to predictably treat your patients using dental implants. Bring cases for review and you will benefit from one-on-one treatment planning. Instructors guide you in your acquisition of the knowledge and confidence to treat cases from start to finish. You will learn to use CT guided surgical techniques, participate in hands-on model workshops and observe and place implants in live surgeries.
Upon completion you will understand why, when, and how patients can benefit from dental implant treatment. Participants will be expected to demonstrate competency on all hands-on exercises and quizzes. Each participant will bring cases for treatment planning and review. Live surgeries will be observed and assisted at each session. Participation and assistance in live surgeries is required; dates will be announced at the first session. Attendees should also bring a laptop for CT guided software training.
- Introduction to implants, socket grafting and diagnosis with hands-on implant placement workshop. Step-by-step placement, uncovery and loading protocols. Keys to predictable success.
- Radiographic Diagnosis for Dental Implantology. Critical principles, identification of anatomy and pathology with a focus on Cone Beam CT. Soft tissue management/soft tissue flaps/suturing techniques. Also, current concepts in fixed and removable implant prosthetics with hands-on prosthetic workshops including conventional and digital impression techniques.
- Use of CT Scans in implant therapy / treatment planning. All-On-X, full arch reconstruction with immediate load and denture conversions including hands-on denture conversion workshop. Soft tissue grafting to enhance esthetics with hands-on pig jaw workshop.
- Direct and indirect Sinus grafting techniques with hands-on sinus graft workshop. Also, Ridge augmentation: Tenting, spreading and splitting techniques with hands-on ridge augmentation workshop.
- Pharmacology review and the medically compromised patient. Protocols to decrease surgical complications. Learn concepts and indications for the use of Growth Factors that you can obtain chairside to decrease surgical complications. Also, occlusion for implants and natural dentition to maximize long term success. Partial extraction therapy with hands-on workshop.
- Immediate extraction and implant placement in the esthetic zone and immediate load considerations. Advanced implant prosthetics and management of prosthetic complications.
- Rick Ferguson, DMD, DABOI/ID, DICOI Faculty Website
- Katherine Ferguson, DMD, DABOI, DICOI, FAGD Faculty Website
- Copy of current license
- Copy of completed UF HIPAA training and Confidentiality Statement
- Completed Marketing form
- Copy of malpractice insurance with evidence (letter/addendum) which verifies that participant will be covered for patient treatment at an University of Florida Continuing Dental Education course
- If you need temporary malpractice insurance, simply download, complete and return this application AMPIE RRG Dental Application (1) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details, contact Steven Capone, Academic Medical Professional Insurance Exchange Risk Retention Group (AMPEI RRG) at: Ph: (646) 808-0591 Fax: (646) 808-0601 or email@example.com
- Participant to supply safety eye-wear. All other supplies, equipment, and instrumentation will be supplied to the participant in adequate quantity and working condition.
University Partnership Center
At St. Petersburg College
9200 113th St. N
Seminole, FL 33772
Continuing Education Units
130 contact hours. Participation.
Live Patient Procedure Course & Hands-On Workshop
Live Streaming of Lecture option available.
- 40 participants
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between the University of Florida and Implant Educators Academy.
Continuing Dental Education at the University of Florida expresses appreciation to BioHorizons, ICOI, Salvin, CareStream, 3D Diagnostix, BlueSkyPlan and NDX On Sequence for an unrestricted educational grant that helped make this course possible.
|Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee|
|(before July 1, 2021) (before August 1, 2021)
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #||To Register|
|September 2021 – April 2022 (Sat.-Sun. with live patient exercises on Fri.)||Seminole||220196||690||