Digital Dentistry: Novelty or Necessity?: An ACDE Series Webinar
Digital dentistry has technologically exploded in the last few years. Increased efficiency, novel technologies, new materials, and systematic workflows have significantly increased the applicability of digital dentistry. But are considerations with accuracy, cost, and skill acquisition limiting? What questions should clinicians and educators ask prior to jumping on the digital revolution? This presentation will review the fundamentals of digital dentistry and describe workflows, new technologies, and clinical applications so that an informed decision can be made regarding the implementation of digital dentistry.
At the conclusion of this lecture, participants will be able to:
- Understand and appreciate digital dentistry workflows
- Understand the role of new techniques
- Identify clinical applications for digital dentistry
- Evaluate if digital dentistry has a role in your dental space
Les Kalman, DDS
- Dr. Les Kalman is an educator, researcher, and academic lead for Continuing Dental Education. His research focuses on innovations in medical devices and technologies, with an emphasis on metal additive manufacturing and software solutions. He remains active with externally funded investigations, has published over 40 articles, holds two patents and a trademark, and has translated several technologies to industry. He served on the Board of Directors for the University of Western Ontario Faculty Association and the Canadian Association of Public Health Dentistry Board. He serves on the Standards Council of Canada, the Ambassadors Circle, and the Advanced Credentialing Committee for the ICOI. He has been recognized as an Academic Associate Fellow (American Academy of Implant Dentistry), Fellow, Master, and Diplomate (International Congress of Oral Implantologists), Fellow (Academy of Osseointegration), Fellow (American College of Dentists), Schulich Alumni of Distinction, and has received the Merck Patients First award.
Webinar: 8pm – 9pm Eastern
Continuing Education Units
1 contact hour. Lecture
|Dates||Location||Course #||Contact Hours|
|August 18, 2021||ZOOM Webinar||220191.03||1|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.