Embezzlement: “Show Me the Money!” When ‘Gut Feeling’ Turns into Reality
Embezzlement in dental practices is occurring at an epidemic rate. Current studies estimate that 60%-80% of dental practices have been or will be embezzled from. This full day course will examine the dozens of different ways in which dentists are being embezzled from and defrauded, along with the significant impact it has on dentists, their practices and wealth accumulation goals. Areas of vulnerability will be illuminated with proactive strategies provided and implementable immediately to reduce the risk of occurrence.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Minimize the risks of embezzlement in the dental practice
- Understand the impact of embezzlement on dentists and their wealth accumulation goals
- Implement protocols that can reduce the likelihood of embezzlement
- Become knowledgeable on the profile of a typical embezzler
- Improve Human Resource process by hiring carefully, conducting background checks, terminating, documenting appropriately and prosecuting the embezzler
- Use dental software, record keeping, and know the role/cost of forensic accounting and Certified Dental Examiners to assist with the investigation process and expectations for recouping financial losses
- Institute strategies for surviving and thriving after an embezzlement, fraud situation, and make systemic changes to the practice
Annelise Ydstebo Driscoll, MBA, PhD
- Dr. Driscoll is an accomplished Educator, Administrator, Researcher and Consultant with approximately 30 years’ experience in Health Care. She brings with her an extensive background in oral health and dentistry.
- Dr. Driscoll has been in the Healthcare Administrative field for 25 years in private, public and corporate practices of different sizes, before transitioning to 10 years of academic teaching, research, public speaking, published author and peer-reviewed journal editor, and consultative project development in a health executive capacity.
- She completed her Executive MBA from the University of Central Florida, College of Business and her PhD in Public Affairs/Healthcare Administration at UCF’s College of Health and Public Affairs.
- Having spent the majority of her career integrally involved in the business side of dentistry, Dr. Driscoll has a strong passion for providing comprehensive, contemporary, and applicable education to assist dentists in protecting their dental practices and assets.
- Dr. Driscoll is a full time faculty member in the Restorative Dental Sciences Department and the founding Director/Instructor of the Executive Practice Management™ Program for Dentists at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry.
- In addition to teaching DMD students, Residents, and developing the Executive Practice Management™ curriculum at the University of Florida, College of Dentistry, Dr. Driscoll taught at the University of Central Florida, College of Health and Public Affairs in the Health Professions/Health Informatics Management Department.
- She has worked collaboratively as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Research at the University of South Florida, College of Public Health, Community and Family Health Department.
- She has also built both the FSU Dental Center (Consultative Project) & the UCF Dental Center (Consultative Project then Founding Director of Dental Services).
- Practice Management Systems, Dr. Driscoll’s personalized consulting firm, specializes in large-scale dental facility design, build out and operational projects, one-on-one consulting for dentists on Practice Legal Compliance, Operating Systems Development, and Dental Financial Systems Overhaul for Profit Maximization.
- She has approximately 800 copyrighted works/systems on file with the US Library of Congress’ Copyright Office.
“Neither my immediate family nor I have any financial interests that would create a conflict of interest or restrict my independent judgment with regard to the content of this course.”
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Lecture.
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- This course is for dentists only.
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Networking lunch included
|September 21, 2018||Coral Gables, FL||190186||550|