Full-arch CBCT Guided Surgery and Immediate Restoration – Smile in a Box
The rehabilitation of the terminal dentition or completely edentulous arch with dental implants and a fixedsolution has become a focal point in today’s implant practice. With patient awareness increasing from radio,TV and social media; prompting them to seek treatment, clinicians find themselves faced with the need to offer these services. In addition, evidence-based treatment protocols promote the social, functional andesthetic benefits of dental implant supported restorations, and with the increased integration of digital technology, this process has become streamlined for the treatment team. With the complexity that is often faced in these clinical situations (bone reduction, implant positioning, template design and fabrication,abutment selection, provisional fabrication and indexing), technology that is currently available, run by an extended member of the treatment team allows for these steps to be pre-planned and fabricated to ease the burden on the surgeon and restorative dentist at the time of surgery.
This two-day course will focus on the technology utilized to plan and order (“smile in a box”) CBCT guided templates and provisional restorations for treatment of the full-arch patient. Participants will be given presentations that demonstrate the step-wise patient evaluation and planning process followed by hands-on sessions executing the principles taught. Participants will also experience the use of the co-DiagnostiX software to import a DICOM file and merge it with a dual scan prosthesis. In addition, techniques to segment,plan implant placement and abutment selection will be covered. On a patient simulated model, the participant will use CBCT-generated stackable templates in the placement of four dental implants followed by abutment placement and indexing of a pre-fabricated interim restoration. All course participants will keep the hands-on model as a valuable patient education tool to be used in their practice.
- To recognize factors of significance in the assessment of patients for full-arch CBCT guided placement and loading of implants.
- Become familiar with the varying template designs for the placement of implants in the full-arch situation.
- Understand techniques involved with immediate loading of implants with a full-arch fixed prosthesis.
- Become familiar with the options for definitive restorative materials as well as protocols in the maintenance of patients with full-arch restorations.
Technology Used in This Course
- Straumann coDiagnostiX software for surgical planning and template design
- Straumann Smile in a Box templates and restorations.
- Straumann Guided Surgery for the placement of dental implants (STL, BLT, BLX)
*This course is offered with assistance from educational grants from the Straumann USA, LLC
- Will Martin, DMD, MS, FACP (Faculty Website)
- *I , (or an immediate family member) have a financial interest of $1,000 or greater or an affiliation with the corporate organization offering financial support of grant monies for this continuing dental education program and/or I have a financial interest in commercial product(s) which I will discuss in my presentation. (Grants/Research Support-Straumann Company, & Consultant-Straumann Company)
- Luiz Gonzaga, DDS, MS (Faculty Website)
- *I , (or an immediate family member) have a financial interest of $1,000 or greater or an affiliation with the corporate organization offering financial support of grant monies for this continuing dental education program and/or I have a financial interest in commercial product(s) which I will discuss in my presentation. (Grants/Research Support-Straumann Company, & Consultant-3Shape)
Continuing Education Units
16 Contact Hours. Participation.
Continuing Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Coredent Advancements for support in making this course possible.
- Dentist Fee: $1,199 (Early Bird) / $1,499 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliaries attending with DN $249 (Early Bird) / $299 (Regular Fee)
- Team Discount Available – $25 off
- Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Networking lunch on Friday and Saturday
Team Discount Available
***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
|August 6-7, 2021||Gainesville, FL||220002||690|