How to Integrate Cone Beam CT into Your Dental Practice
This course offers 4 hours (online) of multiple lectures by a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Radiologist to provide an overview of CBCT imaging. It will emphasize on basic principles, anatomy, indications and interpretation with several maxillofacial CBCT cases. Participants will undergo a virtual training for the use of software and are expected to become competent in the reformation of images in multiple planes and cross-correlation of anatomy and variants.
Participants will also be trained in interpretation using several cases with a variety of maxillofacial and related pathology. This is a radiology interpretation experience, but general training in factors discussing implant placement will be provided. This course includes lectures on the physics and biology of radiation, basics of interpretation of maxillofacial pathology, CT anatomy, variants, artifacts, protocols, indications, contraindications, doses, and position papers from different specialty groups.
- Be familiar with basic radiographic anatomy and anatomic variants
- Recognize commonly seen incidental findings
- Understand rationale for using CBCT and specific protocols for specific diagnostic tasks
- Be able to provide basic interpretation of CBCT data
- Be able to use two different types of client viewing CBCT software
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of CBCT
- Understand the capabilities of different imaging units and limitations
- Understand radiation safety as it pertains to the use of CBCT, doses, guidelines for use
Deeba Kashtwari, BDS, MS
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Continuing Education Units
4 Contact hours (Lecture)
Location – Webinar
- $156 – Zoom meeting webinar
- 4-hour Webinar
- 8:30am – 1pm (Eastern Time)
|January 22, 2021||Web Based – ZOOM||210458||250|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect With Us