Center for Implant Dentistry Internship
Available to U.S. and Foreign Dental Graduates
The Center for lmplant Dentistry offers a one-year internship program through the University of Florida’s Continuing Education Department. The program requires participation in the clinical sessions located in the Center for Implant Dentistry on Mondays – Fridays as well as scheduled didactic sessions with the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Prosthodontic Residents.
During the program, interns will have the opportunity to particiapte in the daily implant center clinical practice activities including; consultations, treatment planning, surgical and restorative procedures in addition to limited laboratory including template and provisional fabrication. When patients are treated in an operating room setting (hospital), interns may have the opportunity to observe OMFS faculty and residents as well as accompany the residents on hospital rounds.
This one year internship consists of a five day/week commitment that involves clinical and didactic sessions related to Dental Implantology (restorative and surgical aspects).
This course is twelve months (1year) in length, beginning July 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $35,000.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable quarterly payments of $8,750.00. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks. Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Upon completion of the internship, 1200 CEU’s and a certificate of completion from the Office of Continuing Education is awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
At the conclusion of this internship, participants should be able to:
- Provide a comprehensive implant consultation including: diagnosis, examination (intra- and extra-) and data collection. Record legible progress notes and generate a comprehensive restorative and surgical treatment plan.
- Understand the communication between other specialists and technicians in the overall rehabilitation of patients with dental needs.
- Be able to setup and capture high quality dental photography and videography.
- Perform Straightforward surgical procedures as highlighted by the ITI SAC Publication, 2007.
- Perform Straightforward and Advanced restorative procedures as highlighted by the ITI SAC Publication, 2007.
- Be able to troubleshoot complications as they relate to patients that report to the CID with treatment performed elsewhere.
William Martin, DMD, MS, FACP
Director, Clinical Professor
Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics
View Faculty Bio
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
1200 contact hours. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline January 31st, all applications must be submitted online.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- TOEFL scores (Test of English as a Foreign Language); the minimum acceptable score is 550 for the paper exam or 80 for the computer exam. Upon acceptance you will be required to send an original.
- Financial Guarantee (Government Sponsored)
Upon acceptance, Non-US residents requiring a visa must submit all required documentation, including proof of sufficient funds to support the cost of fees and living expenses (Student $1,500/month; Spouse $1,000/month; Per Child $500/month; plus tuition and fees).
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $50.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $300.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and obtaining the appropriate visa if you are a non-US citizen.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings