This course will discuss laser applications performed by a dental hygienist in a general practice setting. The use of various diode lasers (Sirona SIROlaser, Gemini, and Picasso) will be discussed including the proper dosage parameters for clinical applications.
Laser procedures and treatment parameters for Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy (LAPT with proper laser techniques, patient management terminology, CDT codes and fees, documentation, tissue healing assessment & management of complications. Additional procedures include: Photobiomodulation, treatment of herpetic lesions /aphthous ulcers, TMD, dentinal hypersensitivity, oral mucositis, xerostomia, bruxism, and orthodontic protocols will be discussed.
Participants will be introduced to basic laser safety, responsibilities of a Laser Safety Officer (LSO), how to set up and maintain a Laser Safety Manual and a dental operatory for laser use.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify clinical applications for the Sirona SIROlaser, Gemina, and Picasso lasers used by a certified dental hygienist.
- Describe the basics of laser safety to ensure patient and personnel safety when utilizing dental lasers.
- List the steps to set up a Laser Safety Manual and dental operatory for laser use.
- Describe Photobiomodulation (PBM) treatment applications for the dental hygienist.
Meet the Speaker: Nancy Fitzgerald, D.M.D.
Dr. Fitzgerald received her Dental Hygiene degree from the University of Minnesota in 1985. After practicing for over twenty years as a dental hygienist, she returned to the University of Minnesota and attained her B.S. in Dental Hygiene Education in 2005. Dr. Fitzgerald earned her D.M.D. degree from Midwestern College of Dental Medicine – Glendale, AZ in 2012. She has practiced dentistry in Arizona and Florida. In 2013 she served as a part-time Pre-Clinical Adjunct Faculty for Midwestern University then transitioned to full-time Pre-Clinical Assistant Professor in 2014. Dr. Fitzgerald holds certifications in Laser Dentistry, Oral Sedation Dentistry, Comprehensive Orthodontics and Craniofacial Orthopedics, Epigenetic Orthodontics, and is an Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. She is an active member of The Academy of General Dentistry, Academy of Laser Dentistry, American Dental Education Association, the Arizona Dental Association, and the International Association for Dental Research/American Association of Dental Research (IADR/AADR).
- Zoom Webinar
- 2 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $69
- Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine- Arizona
- CE contact name & email: Martha Clements email@example.com (623-572-3870)
- Speaker name & contact info: Nancy M. Fitzgerald, D.M.D., Assistant Professor, College of Dental Medicine – Arizona, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ – firstname.lastname@example.org, 623-572-3819
11AM (EST), 10PM (CST), 8PM (PST)
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to email@example.com.