Utilize Today’s Dental Lasers in Managing Periodontal/ Soft Tissue Conditions in the Dental Practice: & Optional ALD Certification
Ready to enter the laser world?
Or have an “unused” laser in the closet?
Give your practice a boost by harnessing laser technology with a positive result that manages effectively day to day periodontal to soft tissue patient conditions. We provide the practitioner on how to choose the right laser and apply simple techniques that result in precision, controlled bleeding, accelerated healing, reduced post-operative issues, shorter procedure time, and a more relaxed experience for the patient. Procedures include non- surgical periodontics, frenectomy, gingivectomy, restorative troughing, biopsy, fibroma removal, implant uncovering and TMD bio-stimulation are presented considering coding and patient acceptance.
You experience direct hands on activity with various lasers on a variety of models including the hog jaw. Instructors knowledgeable in all phases of laser dentistry are with you providing insight into each procedure in a step-by-step fashion to instill confidence when you return to the practice.
- Investigate laser utilization including wavelengths and respective techniques
- Determine the appropriate laser equipment for the individual practice
- Understand indications for using laser in crown lengthening and pre -orthodontic procedures including esthetics
- Consider case reports demonstrating success along with clear contraindications.
- Develop techniques for incorporating laser into a dental practice considering patient acceptance, third party coding
- Differentiate laser technologies for periodontal indications (surgical and non-surgical)
- Develop post-operative evaluation protocols assessing wound healing
- Samuel B. Low, DDS, MS, MEd Faculty Website
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
***Take this course as a standalone experience or choose one of these two options for additional education.
OPTION ONE: 3-Part Academy of Laser Dentistry – Dental Laser Standard Level Course – A Certificate Program
Part 2 (includes 1 year membership to ALD) Hands-on Training: Utilize
Today’s Lasers in Managing Periodontal/Soft Tissue Conditions in the
Dental Office (Program #190832 ~ $399/$449 fee to UF)
Part 3 Standard Online Exam (included with the Part 1 fee & receive an additional 1 CEU from ALD with successful completion of the exam)
OPTION TWO: Bundle & SAVE!
Bundle this Program with Program # 200221 “Advanced Ultrasonic Instrumentation in Periodontal Management” February 8, 2020 for a complete weekend of Periodontal Management. Register for both programs at the same time and save $100. ($50 per program)
Continuing Education Units
Course Limit: 25 participants
- Dentist Fee: $499 (Early Bird) / $549 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $399 (Early Bird) / $449 (Regular Fee)
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Networking lunch included
|February 7, 2020||Gainesville, FL||190832||490|
***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Biolase, Florida Probe and PerioScience for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.