Digital dentistry is transforming every aspect of dentistry. From practice management to diagnosis and treatment of diseases and other conditions intra and extra-orally. In restorative dentistry and prosthodontics, traditional methods have been modernized by digital technologies, resulting in reduced costs and improved clinical outcomes. By applying evidence-based methodologies and advanced imaging technologies dental professional have improved the quality of the restorative works and optimized the clinical outcomes.
We will discuss how the use of 3D imaging, intraoral cameras, intraoral scanners, 3D printers and milling machines can be used in a dental practice with different digital workflows that will better fit to a specific practice mainly focusing on restorative dentistry and prosthodontics.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the sequence of complete digital workflow for restorative procedures in a dental practice.
- Describe the fundamentals and discuss the advantages, and disadvantages of digital technology.
- Describe the principles of preparation and design for all ceramic crowns when using digital technology
Meet the Speaker: Dr. Luiz A. Pimenta
Dr. Luiz A. Pimenta is a professor in the Division of Prosthodontics at the College of Dental Medicine – Columbia University. He mentored 20 master’s students and 13 Ph.D. students in cariology, restorative dentistry graduate programs, prosthodontics and craniofacial sciences. He also serves as the Director of Bio and Dental Materials at CDM Columbia. Dr. Pimenta has presented many lectures and continuing education courses regionally, nationally and internationally, and he has published over 150 scientific articles, and he is the author or co-author of five textbook chapters.
Dr. Pimenta participates actively in clinical research with a focus on restorative dentistry, prosthodontics and craniofacial anomalies. He maintains a part-time intramural practice (Dental Faculty Practice) which is devoted to treating patients with craniofacial anomalies, high caries-risk patients, restorative and esthetic dentistry and also implant-supported prostheses using digital technology. Dr. Pimenta is also a member of several professional organizations, and he serves as manuscript reviewer and as member of editorial boards for several scientific journals.
• DDS, Dentistry, Belo Horizonte School of Dentistry – (Minas Gerais Federal University), 1987
• MS, Master of Science, Bauru School of Dentistry – (Sao Paulo State University), 1991
• PhD, Doctor in Science, School of Dentistry at Araraquara (Sao Paulo State University), 1994
• MBA – Southeast Missouri State University, 2020
- Zoom Webinar
- 1 Credit Hours
- Tuition: $49
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- CE contact name & email: Laura Sanis, lss2154@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speaker name & contact info: Dr. Luiz A. Pimenta, email@example.com
8PM (EST), 7PM (CST), 5PM (PST)
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.