Update on Periodontics, Implants and Surgical Dentistry for 2022
June 30 – July 10, 2022
This program is intended to cover a broad range of periodontal implant and dental surgical therapies. The foundation of good restorative therapy is sound periodontal support, accordingly this program will address current recommended methodologies to help diagnose, treat and maintain a healthy periodontium including state of the art chemotherapeutics.
Additionally, the functionality of the patient’s dentition often involves the use of dental implants. Dr. Oxford will discuss a variety of surgical advances associated with the removal of teeth and site preparation for future dental implant installation from bone grafts, ridge augmentations, growth factors, PRP, LPRF and sinus elevations.
Once the health and function has been established this program will explore the unique issues associated with the periodontal maintenance of implants as well as teeth. An emphasis will be placed on the management of our older population.
After attending this program the attendee should be able to:
- develop a rationale for appropriate administration of a wide spectrum of pharmaceuticals in the treatment of periodontal patients
- appreciate some of the different treatment alternatives available to achieve the appropriate site prior to implant placement
- recognize the procedures recommended for an implant hygiene visits
- recognize physiologic changes in the dentition of the elderly patient
- suggest management strategies of oral disease in the elder
- Gregory E. Oxford, DDS, MS, PhD – Faculty Website
- Dr. Gregory E. Oxford is a board-certified periodontist, implant and dental surgeon who has a clinical as well as research background and has authored and delivered numerous reports on both clinical and scientific aspects of periodontics and implant therapy. A recognized expert and lecturer in the field of periodontology of national and international acclaim, he was the 1998 recipient of the prestigious American Association for Dental Research (AADR) Periodontal Research Award, the Bill Clark Research Fellowship, NIH Dental Scientist Award as well as a recipient of the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP) Partners in Practice Periodontal Research Award. He is also a past Trustee for the AAP and Southern Academy of Periodontology, Past President of Florida Association of Periodontists and recipient of a Navy Clinical Excellence Award. Dr. Oxford acts a consultant for several companies as well as the University of Florida and an expert for the State of Florida Board of Dentistry.
- Dr. Oxford was raised in North Carolina, attended Emory University School of Dentistry in Atlanta, completed his surgical residency in Maryland, an internship at the National Institutes of Health and received his PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Florida College of Medicine.
- As a Courtesy Clinical Professor of Periodontology at the University of Florida College of Dentistry, Dr. Oxford was previously a Co-Director of the Graduate Periodontology Program and a Clinical Research Investigator with the Periodontal Disease Research Center. He was an investigator on a NIDR grant to investigate the interrelationship of diabetes and periodontal diseases. Dr. Oxford’s research interests are associated with recombinant proteins and their role in regenerative periodontics and implant dentistry.
- 10 contact hours. Lecture (given while “at sea”)
CE Registration Fee
- Dentists: $549 *
- Auxiliary : $349 *
* course fee only – does not include travel package below
- Course # 220013
- AGD # 490
- June 30 – July 10, 2022 Click here for a flyer
Travel Package Fee
- Interior $2,199
- Oceanview $2,599
- Balcony $2,999
- Mini-Suite $3,399
Pricing is per person based on double occupancy and includes port charges, taxes, and gratuities.
Included in your Cruise Price
- Ultimate Drink Package ( including gratuities) guest 1 and 2
- 4 Specialty Dinners (including gratuities) guest 1 and 2
- Prepaid gratuities (service charge)
- Fully escorted by Cruise and Travel Partners
- Meet and Greet Cocktail Party Open Bar and Hors d’ouerves
Also available for an additional fee:
- Pre-trip Rome includes Hotel, transfers, Breakfast, Dinner, tours etc
- Small group tours in Naples (Amalfi Coast and Capri)
- Small group tours in Florence (Florence and Tuscany)
- Small group tours in Cannes
Only three steps to join us for this fabulous Mediterranean Cruise CE trip:
Step 1: Book Your Trip
Cruise and Travel Partners can also assist you in booking your flights!
Step 2: Register for CE Program # 220013
Once your travel is booked, print and complete our registration form
You can either scan and email it to email@example.com or mail it to:
UF Continuing Dental Education
P.O. Box 100417
Gainesville FL 32610-0417
Questions? Call us toll-free: 888.550.4590
Step 3: Pack your bags!
Want an extended vacation? Check out our pre & post cruise tours.
|Thur, June 30||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||5:00PM|
|Fri, July 1||At Sea|
|Sat, July 2||Santorini, Greece||1:00PM||10:00PM|
|Sun, July 3||Athens, Greece||7:00AM||6:00PM|
|Mon, July 4||Mykonos, Greece||7:00AM||2:00PM|
|Tue, July 5||Corfu, Greece||12:00PM||8:00PM|
|Wed, July 6||Dubrovnik, Croatia||7:00AM||2:00PM|
|Thur, July 7||Messina, Sicily||11:00AM||7:30PM|
|Fri, July 8||Naples, Italy||6:30AM||4:30PM|
|Sat, July 9||Livorno (Florence), Italy||8:30AM||8:30PM|
|Sun, July 10||Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy||6:00AM|