Oral-Digestive Cancer – Shifting the Paradigm to the Oral Microbiome: A Webinar
Recent studies indicate the increasing role of oral microbiome in the development and progression of oral cancer. This seminar will focus on the demographics, clinical presentations and risk factors associated with oral and oro-digestive cancers.
- Familiarize the participants with the clinical presentation of oral cancer.
- Describe the molecular mechanisms associated with squamous cell carcinoma (scc) of the oral cavity
- Discuss the changing profile of risk factors associated with SCC
- Discuss the HPV family in the context of cervical and oral cancer
- Discuss the detrimental effects of HPV on tumor suppressor genes in epithelial cells
- Discuss interaction between HPV and the oral microbiome
- Discuss interrelations between oral SCC and hematological cancers
- Evaluate the effects of HPV vaccination and oral cancer
- Discuss HPV as an potential occupational hazard in the dental team
- Discuss potential expansion of HPV vaccination in bone marrow transplants cancer patients.
- Discuss the involvement of oral microorganisms in the etiology of other cancers
Joseph Katz, DMD, Professor, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences Faculty Website
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
WEBINAR – 6pm-9pm
Continuing Education Units
3 contact hours. Lecture
- $117 – 3 hour Zoom meeting
|Dates||Location||Course #||AGD #|
|June 23, 2020||WEBINAR – 6pm – 9pm||200845||730|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.