A plethora of conditions are seen within the maxillofacial complex including developmental, inflammatory, neoplastic, and metabolic conditions. A case-based approach will be used to methodically review radiographic findings. The presentation will include 2-D and 3-D illustrated case presentations, discussions, and interactive radiographic interpretations
The morning session will be based on 2D imaging including interpreting panoramic radiographs. Panoramic radiographs provide an image of both jaws and the dentition in a single film. Accurate patient positioning is critical to ensure a diagnostic panoramic image. This course will address the proper steps to obtain a proper panoramic image. Participants will learn panoramic anatomy, case-based interpretation of panoramic radiographs, and commonly seen errors.
The afternoon session will be based on a case-based approach to review CBCT volume, identifying incidental findings and recognizing abnormal findings. Optimal imaging protocols and dose for various dental indications will also be presented.
- Understand the steps required to take a proper panoramic radiograph and be able to identify and correct errors.
- Review real and ghost formations.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and correct the errors with a case-based self-assessment.
- Understand normal panoramic anatomy.
- Diagnose common pathological lesions seen on panoramic images.
- Identify carotid artery calcifications on panoramic radiographs.
- Be familiar with current guidelines on CBCT applications and optimal imaging protocols and dose for various dental indications
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings.
- Identify incidental findings on radiographs.
- Be able to review CBCT volume for pathology
- Adopt how to systematically create a radiographic differential diagnosis.
Anita Gohel BDS, PhD
Dr. Anita Gohel “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Early Bird*: $315
Dental Team w/ Dentist: $99
30 Participant Limit
*Early Bird expires 1 month prior to course
6 CEU (Participation)
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019.