Periodontal Maintenance in “Challenging Patients”
We often encounter patients that are “challenging” to manage, either due to systemic or environmental conditions associated with disease or simply because they are not compliant with their oral care and visits. In this course, we will cover the different scenarios that challenge periodontal stability, including diabetes, smoking, stress, anxiety and erratic compliance. In addition, different treatment approaches will be presented to manage these challenging scenarios and a hands-on portion of the course including specific instrumentation for challenging areas and lasers will be presented.
- When and how to diagnose a “challenging patient”?
- How to maintain periodontal stability in a challenging patient?
- What are the treatment options/tools for a challenging patient?
- How to motivate a challenging patient to achieve better compliance and better periodontal stability?
The first part of this course would be to identify different scenarios that would contribute to the identification of a challenging periodontal maintenance patient. The second part of the course would be to present different strategies/tools to manage these challenging patients, including a hands-on workshop in the sim lab that will include manual instrumentation and lasers.
- Luciana Shaddox, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Periodontology
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Participation.
This course is designed for general dentists, hygienists, and periodontists.
- Dentist Fee: $349 (Early Bird) / $399 (Regular Fee)
- Dental Hygienist Fee: $249 (Early Bird) / $299 (Regular Fee)
- 8 am – 4 pm
- Networking lunch included
- Team Discount Available
|January 23, 2016||UFCD @ Gainesville, FL||160248||495|