This 1.5-day course offers a great opportunity for gaining exposure to varying soft tissue grafting options and is ideal for clinicians that already place dental implants or clinicians that want to understand more about the topic for better patient and team communication. The hands-on component (plastic model) will offer the participants the opportunity to practice incision design, flap management and suturing materials and technique. Sign-up today and join us for valuable information packed with practical pearls that you and your patients will benefit from.
This course will utilize presentations, clinical case examples, videos and a hands-on portion to highlight the following topics:
- Diagnosis and classification of soft tissue defects
- Biology and anatomy of the oral soft tissue
- Wound healing
- Soft tissue augmentation techniques
- Contra indications and complications
- To recognize factors of significance in the soft tissue assessment
- Present different soft tissue defects and how predictable the regeneration/enhancement can be for each one
- Become familiar with the varying philosophies for soft tissue graft regeneration and when they can be better indicated
- Understand the timing for tissue grafts
- Became familiar with free gingival graft and subepithelial connective tissue graft
Luiz H Gonzaga D.D.S.,M.S.
Clinical Associate Professor
Wagner Duarte DDS, PhD
Interim Department Chair, Program Director & Clinical Associate Professor
Early Bird*: $1,350
With Dentist: $99
*Early Bird expires 1mo prior to course
Dentists get a $500 discount when attending both Hard Tissue and Soft Tissue Grafting courses.
Contact Hours: 12 CEU (Lecture & Participation)
19 Participant Limit
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Upcoming Course Dates
Fall 2023 – Date TBD
June 2-3, 2023
Friday: 8AM -5PM
(Breakfast and Networking Lunch Included)
Continuing Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Geistlich Biomaterials for an unrestricted grant, which helped, in part, to make this course possible.
The National Dental Practice-Based Research Network (National Dental PBRN) is a consortium of practices and clinics whose members, while principally dedicated to the oral health care of patients, also investigate research questions with practical impact that will improve the quality of dental care. Funded by NIH/NIDCR #U19-DE028717
Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019