Recognition and Management of Medical and Airway Emergencies: A Dental Team Approach
Recommended for the whole dental team!
This course meets the Board of Dentistry guidelines of the recent rule change for 64B5-14.004 for the biennial CE requirements of all sedation permit holders, which now states in section (2):
(2) During the licensure biennial renewal period that begins on March 1, 2020 and ever licensure biennial renewal period thereafter, all dentists who hold an active sedation permit of any level shall take the following continuing education instead of the continuing education required in subsection (1): A four (4) hour board approved continuing education course in Medical Emergencies that shall include airway management as a component of the course.
Medical emergencies are almost always unexpected and disruptive to the flow of office productivity. This course is designed to review Medical Risk Assessment for the dental provider, create a response team from the office, review and provide algorithms for the management of common office emergencies and manage airway emergencies. A hands on airway simulation will be part of the course. This course is intended for dental providers and office personnel so as to create the team approach to managing medical emergencies.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Review process of Medical Risk Assessment for patients.
- Understand the importance of a team response to medical emergencies and define the roles of each member on the team.
- Understand common medical emergencies that occur in the dental office.
- Understand basic airway anatomy, airway emergences and the management of such.
- Demonstrate the use of Emergency Airway Adjuncts.
- John Hardeman, MD, DDS (Faculty Website)
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
- Clayton Hamrick, DMD, MD (Faculty Website)
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.
Continuing Education Units
6 Contact hours. Participation
- Dentist Fee: $399
- Auxiliary Fee: $299
- 9AM – 4PM
|April 16, 2021||Gainesville, FL||210385||142|
Connect With Us