This one-day course (8 Contact hours) will build on the fundamental knowledge of Botulinum Toxin Type A and expands your scope of practice. Techniques learned in Level 1 are refined and comprehensive lower face treatments are covered in detail.
Pre-requisite: Must have taken Level 1 or an equivalent course.
The presentation will include an in-depth review of pertinent facial anatomy, expand the neuromodulator portfolio and understand rationale for toxin choice. A discussion of advanced techniques to improve results in upper face botulinum toxin treatment and lower face botulinum toxin for cosmetic and therapeutic indications.
Detailed information will be provided concerning the safety and risk concerns when using Botulinum Toxin, along with the management and treatment of complications, dilution protocols, sterile injection techniques and proper placement for desired outcomes. The potential for practice growth and profitability will be explored, as well as implementation with staff training and incorporation into treatment plans.
In the hands-on workshop, you will have the opportunity to diagnose, map and treat a model patient with one-on-one mentored instruction. Upon completion of the program, you will have the confidence and skills to begin implementing Botulinum Toxin treatments into your dental practice.
- Understand the benefits of adding Botulinum Toxin to your practice
- Understand risks, complications, contraindications and how to manage them.
- Expand neuromodulator product portfolio
- Understand patient assessment and consultation for Botulinum Toxin treatments
- In-depth review of facial anatomy and muscle action to ensure treatments are safe and effective
- Learn proper sterile techniques for storage, preparation, dilution and injection of Botulinum Toxin
- Learn predictable injection patterns to treat peri-oral fine lines and wrinkles, depressor anguli oris, mentalis, asymmetric smile, and platysmal bands.
- Understand how to incorporate various treatments to optimize dental treatment plans
(NOTE: Participant to provide their own patient for injection lab on course day)
Meet our speaker
Tracy Shaw Blessing, DMD
Tracy Shaw Blessing, DMD is a cosmetic and restorative dentist at The Shaw Center for Dental Excellence in Miami Beach, Florida. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida and then completed her dental training at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine followed by a general practice residency in New York City.
“I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
IMPORTANT COURSE NOTES:
- Prior to the course, the participant must submit a copy of completed UF HIPAA
- Participant must supply their own patient for the hands-on lab (light continental breakfast provided)
- Prior to the course, the PATIENT must complete and submit a copy of an Authorization Form
Dentist Early Bird*: $1,979
Dentist Regular: $2,179
Auxiliary with Dentist: $95
Dentists get $250 discount on Botulinum Level II if they have attended Botulinum Level I with us in the past.
*Early Bird expires 1mo prior to course
8 CEU (Participation)
18 Participant Limit
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.