This one-day course (8 Contact hours) will provide an introduction to Botulinum Toxin Type A, focusing on both the cosmetic and therapeutic uses to provide comprehensive patient care and “Total Facial Aesthetics” in your dental practice.
The presentation will include a review of pertinent facial anatomy, muscle physiology and Botulinum Toxin’s mechanism of action. The seven most popular areas of treatment will be explained and demonstrated. The integration of Botulinum Toxin in a dental environment will be discussed, from the patient consultation to the evaluation and diagnosis and finally to the treatment with before and after case presentations.
Detailed information will be provided concerning the safety and risk concerns when using Botulinum Toxin, along with the management and treatment of complications, dilution protocols, sterile injection techniques and proper placement for desired outcomes. The potential for practice growth and profitability will be explored, as well as implementation with staff training and incorporation into treatment plans.
In the hands-on workshop, you will have the opportunity to diagnose, map and treat a model patient with one-on-one mentored instruction. Upon completion of the program, you will have the confidence and skills to begin implementing Botulinum Toxin treatments into your dental practice.
- Understand the benefits of adding Botulinum Toxin to your practice
- Review current trends in the cosmetic industry
- Define “Total Facial Aesthetics” concept
- Understand patient assessment and consultation for Botulinum Toxin treatments
- In-depth review of facial anatomy and muscle action to ensure treatments are safe and effective
- Learn proper sterile techniques for storage, preparation, dilution and injection of Botulinum Toxin
- Learn predictable injection patterns to treat frown lines, forehead lines, Crow’s feet, “gummy smile”, and create a “brow lift”
- Learn therapeutic treatment for bruxism to relieve TMJ syndrome
- Understand how to incorporate various treatments to optimize dental treatment plans
(NOTE: Participant to provide their own patient for injection lab on course day)
Meet our speaker
Tracy Shaw Blessing, DMD
Tracy Shaw Blessing, DMD is a cosmetic and restorative dentist at The Shaw Center for Dental Excellence in Miami Beach, Florida. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida and then completed her dental training at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine followed by a general practice residency in New York City.
“I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
IMPORTANT COURSE NOTES:
- Prior to the course, the participant must submit a copy of completed UF HIPAA
- Participant must supply their own patient for the hands-on lab (light continental breakfast provided)
- Prior to the course, the PATIENT must complete and submit a copy of an Authorization Form
Dentist Early Bird*:
Auxiliary with Dentist:
Dentists get $500 discount when attending both Botulinum Level 1 & Dermal Fillers Level 1 – TBA
*Early Bird expires 1mo prior to course
8 CEU (Participation)
18 Participant Limit
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation for unrestricted educational grants, which helped to make this course possible.