Synergy: The Single-Tooth Workflow: A Hands-On Experience
The maturation of the field of implant dentistry with regards to digital technology and materials has improved treatment efficiency as well as both esthetic and functional predictability. The utilization of a comprehensive and synergistic digital workflow, based on sound evidence-based principles and team communication, is one way to satisfy these demands. In a single-tooth replacement situation, the synergy workflow incorporates digital acquisition of patient data, a virtual wax-up, pre-surgical planning of the implant position followed by template and provisional fabrication through an additive or milling process, prior to initiating the surgical procedure.
This two-day course will focus on the technology utilized in the synergy workflow through lectures and hands-on sessions. Participants will be given presentations that demonstrate the step-wise process followed by hands-on sessions executing the principles taught. Participants will experience the use of an intra-oral scanner, perform a digital wax-up, import a DICOM file and merge it with the wax-up, plan implant placement, design and print a surgical guide and mill a provisional. On a patient simulated model, the participant will place an implant with fully-guided surgery and deliver the implant supported provisional. All course participants will keep the hands-on model as a valuable patient education tool to be used in their practice.
Goals & Objectives
- Define and reference evidence-based digital approaches to accelerated and esthetic implant procedures
- Understand the indications and use of the synergy workflow in the replacement of single missing teeth.
- Become familiar with intra-oral scanning and virtual wax-ups.
- Become familiar with importing DICOM files and implementing synergy with the virtual wax-up allowing restoration-driven positioning implants, template design and fabrication.
- 3-Shape TRIOS and Straumann Intra-oral scanners
- Straumann CARES software for digital wax-up and Synergy
- Straumann coDiagnostiX software for surgical planning, template design and Synergy
- Straumann P20 printer for additive manufacturing
- Straumann C-Series milling for provisional fabrication
*This course is offered with assistance from educational grants from the Straumann USA, LLC
Continuing Education Units
16 CEUs. Participation.
Continuing Education at UFCD wishes to express its appreciation to Coredent Advancements and 3-Shape, Inc for support in making this course possible.
- Dentist Fee: $1,199 (Early Bird) / $1,499 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliaries attending with DN $249 (Early Bird) / $299 (Regular Fee)
- Team Discount Available – $25 off
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Breakfast & Networking lunch on Friday and Saturday
***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
|August 9-10, 2019||Gainesville, FL||200142||690|
|February 21-22, 2020||Gainesville, FL||200261||690|