The Double-Edged Sword of Sedation: Understanding the Power that You Wield: An ACDE Series Webinar
As more patients become familiar with and inquire about sedation in the dental office, it is important that providers understand the risks and benefits of providing this valuable service. Proper training, proper equipment, and proper patient selection are required to ensure a safe and predictable outcome. This course will review essential concepts that guide dentists who provide sedation.
At the conclusion of this lecture, participants will be able to:
- Understand the sedation continuum and be able to recognize what level of sedation a patient is in
- Know how to rescue a patient from a deeper level of sedation than is intended
- Recognize patients that are good or poor candidates for minimal and moderate sedation
- Recognize respiratory depression and apnea and know how to treat them
- Understand the indications and contraindications of common anxiolytic and sedative drugs
Bryant Cornelius, DDS, MBA, MPH
- Dr. Bryant Cornelius is an Assistant Professor-Clinical, Program Director of Dental/Oral Maxillofacial Anesthesiology, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry and hails from beautiful Southeastern Utah where he practiced general dentistry for 15 years. He received his DDS from Northwestern University, his MBA from the University of Utah, and his MPH from the University of Pittsburgh. He completed a three-year residency program in dental anesthesiology at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Cornelius is currently the Program Director of Dental/Oral Maxillofacial Anesthesiology at The Ohio State University. He is a fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and a diplomate of both the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology and the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
Webinar: 8pm – 10pm Eastern
Continuing Education Units
2 contact hours. Lecture
|Dates||Location||Course #||Contact Hours|
|July 14, 2021||ZOOM Webinar||220193.01||2|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to email@example.com.