The Ultimate “Refresh” Local Anesthesia course for Today’s Dental Hygienist
- Certified but desire more “hands on” experience?
- Ready to provide enhanced patient comfort?
If you are searching for additional local anesthesia training, we have designed a one-day hands on course for the dental clinician to gain enhanced confidence in rendering quality local anesthesia for the positive patient experience. We provide an update from technique to new products including the latest information on local anesthetics via illustrated lectures, video, demonstration, discussion, with the majority of time devoted to clinical participation.
Our course provides the following objectives:
- Review in capsule form the everyday anesthetic actions for effective and safe administration of local anesthesia
- Describe various anatomic limitations/complications solutions for success
- Provide hands on delivery with patient clinically acceptable techniques for all routinely used dental injections
- Manage patients during periodontal debridement and other clinical conditions where root and soft tissue sensitivity is present
- Experience new delivery systems in providing local anesthetics
Prerequisites – Due the Monday prior to the course.
Since you will be serving as both an operator and a patient, we need the following paperwork submitted in compliance with UFCD policies.
- Copy of current license
- Copy of current CPR
- Copy of Florida Local Anesthesia Certificate
- Complete online Bloodborne pathogen training
- Complete UFCD Medical Questionnaire and Rx Forms(All participants are expected to practice as both a patient and an operator)
- Copy of LA Participant Form.
- Copy of Marketing form
- Copy of completed UF HIPAA and Confidentiality Statement
- Copy of HepB verification (titers are acceptable)
- Samuel B. Low, D.D.S., M.S., M.Ed. Faculty Website
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
Continuing Education Units
7 CEUs. Participation.
- Hygienist Fee: $399 (Early Bird) / $459 (Regular Fee)
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Networking lunch included
Team Discount Available
|July 16, 2016 (Saturday)||UF Campus – Gainesville, FL||170017.02|
Continuing Dental Education at UFCD expresses appreciation to Florida Probe, Milestone Scientific and PerioSciences for unrestricted educational grants, which helped make this course possible.