Traumatic Injuries: A Clinical Approach for Today’s Practice
Traumatic injuries often include situations where there is a diagnostic dilemma. In this presentation the difficulties in diagnosing and treating traumatized teeth will be discussed, as well new treatment modalities and the use of focal view CBCT.
- Describe the clinical presentation of the different types of traumatized teeth
- List the indications, advantages and treatment modalities for the different types of traumatized teeth
- Describe how calcium hydroxide, splinting (with the appropriate time intervals), and decoronation may be used to treat traumatized teeth
- Discuss the protocol for diagnosing traumatized teeth and the prognostic evaluation of the case
- Recognizing differences in treatment for luxation injuries, avulsion and management of resorption.
Dr. Pileggi received her D.D.S. degree at University Paulista in Brazil. She completed both her Master’s degree and Certificate in Endodontics at the University of Maryland College of Dental Surgery.
In 2005, she completed a fellowship in education at Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas at Houston. Dr. Pileggi has received numerous faculty awards including the Edward Osetek Award given by the American Association of Endodontists. Currently, she has been funded in her main research interest of trauma, bone and inflammation.
Dr. Pileggi was officially appointed Director of the Graduate Endodontic Program on July 1, 2009. She was appointed Chair of the Endodontics department effective January 1, 2010.
Dr. Pileggi is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
6.5 CEUs. Lecture.
AGD # 070
- Dentist Fee: $299 (Early Bird) / $349 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $179 (Early Bird) / $229 (Regular Fee)
- Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Networking Lunch included
- ***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
|July 24, 2020||Gainesville, FL||210185||730|
Connect With Us