Newest Actions and Algorithms for Medical Emergencies – How to Save a Life (Including Your Own): Update for 2021
- Color Coded cards with easy to follow algorithms for different medical emergency scenarios
- Some attendees will receive products that can easily be used for simple, in office, Medical Assessment, prior to treatment. These products are all non-invasive and the costs are included in the registration fee. These include: a Pulse Oximeters, Glucometers, Nebulizers, Albuterol packet, and Atomizers. We will demonstrate how to use these products throughout the course. These products will be given to many attendees who, on a voluntary basis, answer questions throughout the presentation.
A crisis situation can — and likely will — occur at some time in your practice. Many potential medical emergencies can be prevented. Gain a comprehensive command of the essential knowledge and skills needed to handle a life threatening medical crisis.
There are more medically compromised patients coming to our offices than ever before. Acquire “up to the minute” actions for dealing with a medical emergency while challenging preconceived or outdated ideas.
Daniel Pompa, DDS — Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, ADA Consultant and Seminar Series Speaker — discusses the prevention, preparation, recognition and management of medical emergencies. Delivered in an interactive, high energy, multimedia presentation frequently described by attendees as “highly informative,” “engaging,” and “exceptional.” A step-by-step medical approach using basic physical diagnostic methods is reviewed, giving the attendee a clear understanding of these medical findings. We will explore the “Conversational History” and how it will uncover medical issues not revealed by the standard health history form. Additionally, the participant will learn simple, non-invasive critical tests that can reduce overall risks. We clearly delineate indications for emergency drug use and proper dosages, as well as demonstrate how to assemble and maintain an ideal emergency drug kit. The newest techniques for drug administration will be shown for participants to hone their skills utilizing simulation models and real drugs.
After attending this presentation, the participant will leave with considerable medical knowledge along with a simple approach that can provide life saving skills. Participants will bridge the gap between the didactic knowledge presented and the ability to manage an actual crisis. We will accomplish this by describing real emergency scenarios, and then review the recognition and management protocols for each emergency. This will be done in an open group format as case presentation discussions.
Emergencies to be covered in the following order:
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Hypoglycemia and Insulin Shock
- Asthmatic Attack
- Mild Allergic Reactions
- Stroke (CVA)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiac Arrest
Daniel G. Pompa, DDS (Speaker Packet)
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
-Seminar Series Speaker / On-line Author / Consultant for the:
American Dental Association
–Published in “JADA”*, “Dentistry Today”* and
“The Journal of New York State AGD, Winter 2014 Edition”*:
“Update in Basic Physical Diagnosis”
–Inventor: U.S. Patent: 5,320,529*
-CE Leader for 2018, 2019, & 2020 (Dentistry Today)
*All articles and patent available on the website: www.APS4DDS.com
–Visiting Speaker for (among others):
- New York University College of Dentistry
- University of Florida College of Dentistry
- University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
“It was quite possibly the best seminar attended!”
– Dr Frantz (Pennsylvania)
–Dr. Mayoral (Coral Gables, FL May 2019)
I want to thank you for the informative and entertaining class– it
was truly one of the best courses I’ve ever taken. Truthfully, I have
medical emergency courses and I thought this one would be just
like the others and I’d be leaving at the first break. Also, I would
like my staff to take this course.
Thank you for the experience”
-Dr. Schuster, DMD
“Enjoying your lecture and style. One of the most engaging I’ve sat in on in my 40+ years.”
“An outstanding lecture that is brilliantly presented.”
–M. Rothberg, DDS (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Long Island, N.Y.)
“I attended your continuing education seminar yesterday in Scranton. I wanted to take the time to thank you for what was one of the best classes I have attended in my 24 years as a clinical dental hygienist. You made the subject of medical emergencies up to date and relevant and as informative as it was entertaining!
–J. Rivenburgh, RDH
“Your presentation was the best of many medical emergencies that I have attended in my over 45 years in the dental profession.”
–R. Smyth, DDS, MS, MPA (Endodontist, Washington, DC)
“Thank you for the outstanding lecture on Saturday. You have made a big
difference in our practice mindset and I cannot wait to take on the project of
preparing our staff. Thank you for making the material so interesting you are an
–Dr. I. Babiner, DMD
“You really killed it here in Ct yesterday. Your lecture was nothing short of
spectacular. I am a 35 year member of the CE council and I have seen all the
lectures. You are really one of the best.”
–Dr. W. Russo
Continuing Education Units
7 Contact Hours. Lecture.
Who should attend
General Dentists, Specialists, Hygienists and the Entire Dental Team. Take advantage of the Team Training Discount ($25 off every registration when two or more register at the same time). This includes specialists with referring dentists!
- Dentist Fee: $279 (Early Bird*) / $329 (Regular Fee)
- Auxiliary Fee: $179 (Early Bird*) / $229 (Regular Fee)
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (registration begins at 8:00am)
- Networking lunch included
- Early Bird Discount expires 30 days prior to event
Team Discount Available
|April 30, 2021||Gainesville, FL||210417||142|
|October 22, 2021||Ft. Lauderdale – Patterson Dental||220014||142|
***NOTE: New cancellation policy effective January 1, 2019
Connect With Us