Restorative Dental Sciences 9-Month Internship
Available to U.S. Dentists and International dentists with US citizenship or a green card.
The Department of Restorative Dental Sciences offers an advanced education course entitled “Restorative Dental Sciences Internship Program.” The experience is tailored to include experiences in clinical dentistry, case analysis, didactic courses, and literature review.
This course is designed to give the practitioner an experience in didactic/clinical dentistry that will equip them to do more extensive treatment in their general practice. The practitioner’s clinical training will be at the University of Florida Dental Clinic under the direction of a full-time professor. In addition, the practitioner will attend and participate in selected courses and clinical cases offered by the Department of Restorative Dental Sciences.
This course is for nine (9) months beginning on October 1st and ending June 30th. Tuition is remitted in four (4) equal non-refundable installments of $6,562.50 (for a total of $26,250). Upon completion of the internship, a certificate of attendance and continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Successfully complete all required Restorative Dental Science courses and assignments
- Complete a research article or review article on an assigned topic
- Be prepared to engage in lifelong learning
Restorative Dental Sciences Core Curriculum
- Initial Evaluation: for clinical competency and entry into the clinics
- Dentoform exercises and evaluation
- Case based diagnosis and treatment planning evaluation
- Direct and indirect restorations
- Removable partial denture design
- Diagnosis and Treatment planning
- Operative Advanced restorations (beginning to advanced level – depending upon initial evaluation)
- Fixed Prosthodontics (beginning to advanced level – depending upon initial evaluation)
- Implant dentistry (beginning to advanced level – depending upon initial evaluation)
- Independent study: 5 – The goal is to develop a personal program of self-study and professional growth based upon evidenced based dentistry
- Assignment of a research topic
- Clinical Dentistry
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning of Prosthodontic and Occlusion Cases
- Removable Prosthodontics
- Temporomandibular Disorders for the General Practitioner
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- Removable Prosthodontics: completely edentulous and partially edentulous patients
- Finalization of Scholarly activity: Turn in review article on assigned research topic
Restorative Dental Sciences Optional Curriculum
- Research projects with faculty
- Oral surgery clinics
- Literature review with School of Advanced Dental Education
- Case presentations of internship cases with literature review
- Completion of Internship on June 30th
- Certificate of Completion
Requirements for Program Completion
- Complete all dentoform competencies
- Complete clinical requirements at the DMD clinics and off-site clinics
- Successfully assist or complete the scholarly review article or research project assigned
- Successfully complete all core and Restorative Dental Sciences courses
- Primary mentor: Assigned one primary course director
- Team of faculty: Diagnosis and treatment planning, Operative, and Prosthodontics. View Faculty Bios
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the
Restorative Dental Sciences Department: (352)273-5850
- For questions regarding the application process, please
contact the SADS Department: (352)273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
Contact hours – varies. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline August 1, all applications must be submitted online.
We will be utilizing a rolling admissions process by which applications are considered and evaluated as they are received. However, applications are not reviewed until they are complete. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before August 1st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $25.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $100.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings