What is That Thing? Differential Diagnosis of Oral Disorders: An ACDE Series Webinar
Put on your thinking caps on as your diagnostic abilities are about to be tested. Real world cases will frame a discussion on the differential diagnosis process. In this presentation, the “mysteries” of pathology will become clear, allowing you to communicate more effectively with your patient regarding their oral diseases. You will learn key points to help make your life easier and practical information that can be immediately applied. A myriad of topics and cutting edge information will be discussed, and include: What is that thing and how do I treat it? What caused this and how do I prevent it? And if it hurts, what will make it feel better?
- Cases Highlighting the Differential Diagnosis Process
- Review of Cases & Their Management
- White lesions
- Pigmented lesions
- Lumps & bumps
- Ulcers & blisters
- Bony lesions
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differential diagnosis process
- Develop differential diagnoses of oral conditions
- Evaluate oral lumps and bumps of the oral and head & neck region
- Understand the etiology of exophytic oral lesions
- Differentiate harmless versus dangerous pigmented lesions
- Distinguish between ulcers of viral, developmental, autoimmune, versus cancerous origin
- Generate an appropriate plan for radiographic pathology follow-up and/or intervention
- Choose whether a condition needs monitored, biopsied, or referred
Ken Tilashalski, D.M.D.
- Ken Tilashalski (“Dr. T”) is quite unique in that he has earned specialty certificates in both oral & maxillofacial pathology and endodontics. He is Professor and Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry, and also holds an appointment at the School of Medicine. After receiving his D.M.D. from Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Tilashalski completed both of his residencies along with an American Cancer Society fellowship at the University of Alabama. Dr. T is passionate about educating dental health care professionals. He lectures extensively nationally and internationally in the areas of oral pathology, oral medicine, and endodontics.
Webinar: 8PM – 10PM EST
Continuing Education Units
2 contact hours. Lecture
|Dates||Location||Course #||Contact Hours|
|June 24, 2021||ZOOM Webinar||210669.07||2|
WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY: Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 48 hours before the course starting date/time. A 50% refund will be issued to registrants who cancel 48-24 hours before the course starting date/time. No refunds will be issued for registrants who does not login to the webinar or who cancels within 24 hours of the course starting date/time. Participants may phone the Continuing Education office to cancel, but a written request which includes the name and phone number of the person who paid for the course must be received by our office before a refund can be processed. This request can be emailed to email@example.com.