Endodontics 9-Month Internship
Available to U.S. Dentists and International dentists with US citizenship or a green card.
The Department of Endodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “9-Month Internship in Endodontics for the General Practitioner.” The experience is tailored to the desires of the intern with experiences in clinical endodontics, endodontic case analysis, clinical or basic research and didactic endodontic course are all available.
This course is designed to give the intern an experience in didactic/clinical endodontics that will equip them to do more extensive endodontic treatment in their general practice. In addition, the intern may attend several departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the endodontic residents take. We also offer the intern an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at the American Association of Endodontists Annual meeting and could also be published in the endodontic literature
This course is nine months in length, beginning October 1 and ending on June 30. The tuition is $26,250.00 per year, made up of four non-refundable quarterly payments of $6,562.50. Upon completion of the internship, a certificate of completion from the Continuing Education Department is awarded. In addition, you may need to purchase a laptop (College’s choice), scrubs, and certain textbooks. Details will be provided upon acceptance.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal being an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Endodontic Dental core curriculum.
- Attend the Endodontic Dental case conferences.
- Attend selected Endodontic Dental seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Endodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the Endodontics Department – (352) 273-5440
- For questions regarding the application process, please contact the SADS Department – (352) 273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
Varies with individual schedule selected by the participant.
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline August 1, all applications must be submitted online.
We will be utilizing a rolling admissions process by which applications are considered and evaluated as they are received. However, applications are not reviewed until they are complete. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before August 1st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $25.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $100.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings