Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology 9-Month Internship
Available to U.S. Dentists and International Dentists with US citizenship or Green Cards
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences offers an advanced education course entitled “Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology for the General Practitioner.” The curriculum is tailored to the desires of the intern with experiences in clinical oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial radiology case analysis, clinical or basic research and seminars. This course is designed to give the intern an experience in clinical oral and maxillofacial radiology that will better equip them to pursue an oral and maxillofacial radiology residency. The intern can observe in the faculty’s intramural practice, under the direction of the full-time professors. In addition, the intern may attend departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the residents take. We also offer the intern an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at a national or international meeting and could also be published in the oral and maxillofacial radiology literature.
This course is for nine (9) months beginning on October 1st and ending June 30th. Tuition is remitted in a single payment or four (4) equal non-refundable installments of $9,375.00 (for a total of $37,500). Upon completion of the 9-month internship, a certificate of attendance and continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of producing an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Attend the Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology case conferences.
- Attend selected Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Sciences, Division of Radiology faculty will be participating in the program.
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the
Oral and Maxillofacial Diagnostic Services Department – (352)273-6997
- For questions regarding the application process, please
contact the SADS Department – (352)273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
Contact Hours vary – Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline August 1, all applications must be submitted online.
We will be utilizing a rolling admissions process by which applications are considered and evaluated as they are received. However, applications are not reviewed until they are complete. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before August 1st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $25.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $100.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings