Orthodontics 9-Month Internship
Available to U.S. Dentists and International dentists with US citizenship or a green card.
The Department of Orthodontics offers an advanced education course entitled “Internship in Orthodontics for the General Practitioner.” The curriculum is tailored to the desires of the intern with experiences in clinical orthodontics, orthodontic case analysis, clinical or basic research and didactic orthodontic courses. This course is designed to give the intern an experience in clinical orthodontics that will better equip them to pursue an orthodontics residency. The intern can work in the faculty’s intramural practice, under the direction of the full-time professors, up to two days per week. In addition, the intern may attend departmentally offered courses and clinical case conferences that the orthodontic residents take. We also offer the intern an opportunity to work on a basic or clinical research project during the course. The research may be presented at the International Association of Dental Research meeting and could also be published in the orthodontic literature.
This course is for nine (9) months beginning on October 1st and ending June 30th. Tuition is remitted in four (4) equal non-refundable installments of $6,562.50 (for a total of $26,250). Upon completion of the internship, a certificate of attendance and continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded.
Completion of the Continuing Education Internship Program is an educational goal in itself, and in no way insures acceptance to a Postgraduate Residency Program. Although many resources will be provided by the selected Department, this is a Continuing Education program and is not listed on the University of Florida Registrar’s records.
- Actively participate in a research project with the goal of producing an abstract for a national meeting and future presentation.
- Assist in treatment of patients in the University of Florida Dental Clinic.
- Participate in the Orthodontic core curriculum.
- Attend the Orthodontic case conferences.
- Attend selected Orthodontic seminars and journal clubs.
All UF Department of Orthodontics faculty will be participating in the program.
- For questions regarding the program, please contact the
Orthodontics Department – (352)273-5700
- For questions regarding the application process, please
contact the SADS Department – (352)273-7800
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610
Continuing Education Units
Contact hours – varies. Lecture/Participation
|M-F, 8am – 5pm (excluding University holidays)|
* Application deadline August 1, all applications must be submitted online.
We will be utilizing a rolling admissions process by which applications are considered and evaluated as they are received. However, applications are not reviewed until they are complete. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Applicants must submit the following documentation:
- Application (available here) – Download and complete application, then submit via the link at the bottom of this page.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Application, application fee and all required documents must be received on or before August 1st to be considered.
- Fees (all fees are non-refundable):
- Application Fee $25.00 (due with application)
- Processing Fee $100.00 (due upon acceptance)
Notice to all applicants: Acceptance into any program is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
View all UF Advanced Education CE offerings