36-hour Certification Course including Fabrication of Provisional Crowns.
This course is approved for certification and training in Expanded Functions for dental auxiliaries in Florida and Georgia per Florida Statutes, Section 466.024(6) and Board of Dentistry Rule 64B5-16.005.
This course is designed to teach the auxiliary to perform those expanded functions listed below including fabrication of provisional crowns. This course will include those duties which may be performed under the supervision of a dentist and for which formal training is required.
Minimum of three months of experience as a general practice chair-side dental assistant or hygienist is required. A form will be provided upon registration to certify experience. Standard cancellation policy does not apply for this course – See end of page for details.
To provide training for certification in the following expanded functions:
- Laws & Rules
- Infection Control
- Taking impressions for study casts
- Topical application of fluoride (including foam & varnish)
- Placing and removing rubber dams
- Placing and removing periodontal dressings
- Polishing clinical crowns for removal of stains
- Polishing amalgam restorations
- Placing and removing matrices
- Placing intra-coronal provisional (temporary) restorations
- Placing bases and liners
- Suture removal
- Application of pit & fissure sealants
- Preliminary charting
- Packing and removing retraction cord
- Fabricating provisional crowns
- Cementing provisional crowns with temporary cement
All necessary supplies and instruments will be provided, including a four-hole slow speed handpiece with contra-angle and prophy angle, rubber dam tray and operative tray. However, please bring your own safety glasses if you need special glasses.
Prior to the course you must:
Complete Online Coursework (Link found in digital enrollment receipt.)
Purchase and Read – Essentials of Dental Assisting Textbook, 5th Edition, Robinson and Bird, Elsevier, ISBN-10: 1437704235
- Melissa Marquez, CDA, CRDH, BHSc
- Jennifer Rieck, CDA, CRDH B.A.S., MHSc.
- “ They declare that neither they nor any member of the their family have a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do the instructors have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) the instructor will discuss in the presentation.”
October 21-22 2023
December 16-17 2023
March 2-3 2024
May 18-19 2024
8:00AM – 5:00PM
8:00AM – 5:00PM
Networking Lunch Provided
20 CEU (Participation)
18 Participant Limit
This program has been approved for tuition payment under the Post-911 GI bill –
For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form. [Please list all additional requirements your school will ask a student to satisfy which are permitted under 38 USC 3679(e)] Please see 38 USC 3679(e) for complete details.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
Standard cancellation policy does not apply to this course. Effective January 1, 2019:
- Full refunds will be issued to registrants who cancel their registration no later than 14 days before the course starting date.
- Refunds, less $110, will be issued for registrants who cancel 7-13 days before the course starting date.
- A 50% refund will be issued for registrants who cancel 2-6 days before the course starting date.
- No refunds will be issued for registrants who cancel within 48 hours of the starting date.