Fundamentals of Dental Assisting provides an introduction to basic dental assisting theory and skills for pre-dental students planning to participate in the UFCD Dental Clinic Volunteer Program and for individuals seeking an entry-level position in a dental office.
This hybrid course includes self-study via required text, workbook, and completion of the prerequisite online courses below, PLUS one weekend of classroom, lab, and clinic instruction and practice. The course includes certification in OSHA, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infectious Waste Management, and HIPAA.
This course is designed for pre-dental students and/or individuals seeking an entry-level position in a dental office or pursuing dental auxiliary certificate training.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Participate in the UFCD Dental Clinic Volunteer Program
- Seek an entry-level dental assisting position in a dental office
- Meet pre-requisite for registering for Expanded Functions Dental Assistant certification course
- Operatory Equipment Operation
- Infection Control/Aseptic Technique/PPE
- Instrument Identification, Handpiece, Burs
- Dental Anatomy and Terminology
Course Materials & Prerequisites
Prior to the course you must:
Complete Online Coursework (Link found in digital enrollment receipt.)
Purchase and Read – Essentials of Dental Assisting, 5th or 6th Edition, Robinson and Bird, Elsevier (ISBN-10:1437704255) Chapters 1-7, 9-12, 14, 17, 19-20
Melissa Marquez, CDA, CRDH, BHSc
- “I declare that neither I nor any member of my family has a financial arrangement or affiliation with any corporate organization offering financial support or grant monies for this continuing dental education program greater than $999, nor do I have a financial interest greater than $1,000 in any commercial product(s) I will discuss in the presentation.”
October 14, 2023
November 18, 2023
8:00AM – 5:00PM
8:00AM – 4:00PM
Networking Lunch Provided
14 CEU (Participation)
24 Participant Limit
Cancellation Policy effective January 1, 2019.
UF College of Dentistry
1395 Center Drive
Gainesville, FL 32610